deciding which light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks for all the info. Mark01, by any chance do you have any pictures with you using the Princeton tec Shockwave led underwater?

vapourinthesea,

Check this one, Underwater Kinetics SL4 eLED L1: 400 lumens, 500 feet depth rating, and just less than $100.

View attachment 103634

You could check it out at:

DiversSupply- Underwater Kinetics Sunlight SL4 Eled L1 @ Divers-Supply.com

LeisurePro- Underwater Kinetics SL4 eLED L1 Dive Light

DivePro- 65221 Underwater Kinetics SL4 eLED L1 Dive Light

I think this light is good and reliable as I speculate. I guess someone here on the board can give a review for this new light. Anyway, I intend to acquire one very soon.

Seal

I have been using a UK SL4 for 15+ years great light and great support from UK. It is every good as some of the bigger lights and it is compact.

So I just bought the Princeton tec shockwave LED in a black, and I can't wait to get it. I've been looking over about 10-12 lights; some that I've found and all the one's you guys have suggested. In the end I went with the princeton tec one, it just seemed like its what I was looking for. But, after looking at the UK SL4, I think I'll get that one for a later purchase as a back up light to put in my bcd pocket, or clipped to my bcd. Thanks for all your help!!!

I have been using a UK SL4 for 15+ years great light and great support from UK. It is every good as some of the bigger lights and it is compact.

Thanks for your review.
I was thinking lately if this UK SL4 would really last, without flooding. 15+:shocked2: years of usage, wow! To consider it's made of plastic, that's very long enough before I should change to a new one. I guess, I'll purchase this diving light soon.

seal

Go for the Salvo/Light Monkey 50W HID. There is a guy on here selling a used one for dirt cheap. It's 5,000 lumens and one of the best lights money can buy.

For $100, I will go with Hollis LED5. For $70, I will go for Intova Ultra.

But that hollis only has 260 lumens. I want as bright as I can. And I'm looking for something that's a primary light, not just a little pocket light.

I like my Hollis LED5 (3 x C). I use it as my primary for night diving and for daytime use. I haven't bought into a canister light just yet. I used to have a UK Sunlight C8 (8 x C) which I have sold a long time ago.

I have just mod a torch that can use safely less than 500 metres and will never sink, so how much will you guys play for it?
it's new, just make out this few days, and check in the water pressure of the hydropower station.
26650 battery at 4000mah;Q5;energy detecting ability;REED switch at the end.
name Swordfish MO 5
2011-09-16_17-50-50_440.jpg
Do you like it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom