Deco planner software recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only for one depth and time combo at a time.

True. However you can easily run multiple depths/times and laminate them to have a “wheel book” per se. i keep my most common ones handy, and cut the others as needed.

I use Baltic and iDeco Pro. I like Baltic better, but possibly because I have just gotten used to the interface.

Only for one depth and time combo at a time.

A real table has a bunch of different times on it.
Do you mean only 150' for 30 mins, and not 150 for 30, 120 for 20, 60 for 60, etc? I just checked and mine will do it. Looks like this (ignore appropriateness of gas mixes):

Dive #1
Dive: 150ft for 30 [ 30 ] on Tx 23/17
Dive: 120ft for 20 [ 50 ] on EAN32
Asc.: 90ft for 1 [ 51 ] on EAN32
Dive: 60ft for 60 [ 111 ] on EAN32
Deco: 30ft for 2 [ 113 ] on EAN32
Deco: 20ft for 9 [ 122 ] on 100% O²
Deco: 10ft for 17 [ 139 ] on 100% O²

Gas Consumption:
Tx 23/17 83.2 cuft
EAN32 134.7 cuft
100% O² 14.6 cuft

Which is still pretty paltry compared to what I get from Baltic:
Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 9.57.29 AM.png

I use Baltic and iDeco Pro. I like Baltic better, but possibly because I have just gotten used to the interface.

Do you mean only 150' for 30 mins, and not 150 for 30, 120 for 20, 60 for 60, etc? I just checked and mine will do it. Looks like this (ignore appropriateness of gas mixes):

Dive #1
Dive: 150ft for 30 [ 30 ] on Tx 23/17
Dive: 120ft for 20 [ 50 ] on EAN32
Asc.: 90ft for 1 [ 51 ] on EAN32
Dive: 60ft for 60 [ 111 ] on EAN32
Deco: 30ft for 2 [ 113 ] on EAN32
Deco: 20ft for 9 [ 122 ] on 100% O²
Deco: 10ft for 17 [ 139 ] on 100% O²

Gas Consumption:
Tx 23/17 83.2 cuft
EAN32 134.7 cuft
100% O² 14.6 cuft

Which is still pretty paltry compared to what I get from Baltic:
View attachment 504112
Nah, I’m lookin for tables that have like a whole slew of bottom times for one depth.

So like 150’ for 20mins, 30mins, 40mins, 50mins, 60mins etc

Like a constant ppo2 thing? Nah. Maybe there will be an update in the future?
Dang, looks like excell and a long afternoon are ahead of me. Thanks!

Nah, I’m lookin for tables that have like a whole slew of bottom times for one depth.

MultiDeco has a "- or +" where you can say, calculate derivative profiles for base profile plus or minus some amount of depth or bottom time, or plus or minus some fraction helium or O₂ in bottom mix. The formatting in the program can be a bit wonky if you do a bunch of them, but copypasting it into an excel sheet cleans it right up.

As a disclaimer, I usually just lurk here and won't be getting into technical diving myself for quite some time.

upload_2019-2-8_13-35-18.png

I use multideco with GFs
I started with Vplanner before multideco existed, I wont use it anymore since it doesn't do buhlmann

AJ, you do tables, not a back plan, right? like Depth, time and all the stops, with some contingency

What you do is something like total ascent time for various bottom times per certain depth, based on that you spread the time into stops, something like that?
I never really learned ratio deco, i need to, super handy.

For now I'm just looking to have a back up plan in case my fancy computer with colorful numbers fails on me.

This is the right answer. Makes no sense to buy V-planner.

Just ignore anything Ross says on SB. He doesn't come off very well, and it's enough to make you almost not want to buy his product.
Yeah, like I said originally, I really have no personal gripe with the guy, never even met him, I feel it would be a bit immature on my part to boycott his products based on his personality, if anything, I'd thank him for sparking so many explanations from Dr Simon Mitchell, that's a plus in my eyes, the Dr may disagree though lol

AJ, you do tables, not a back plan, right? like Depth, time and all the stops, with some contingency

Personally I do depth, bottomtime, deco time.
I can work out some reasonable stops based on that info (ratio deco and experience). It wont be an ideal ascent, but between that table and my buddies I am not really anxious about how much to stop where. I'll get home

Yeah, like I said originally, I really have no personal gripe with the guy, never even met him, I feel it would be a bit immature on my part to boycott his products based on his personality, if anything, I'd thank him for sparking so many explanations from Dr Simon Mitchell, that's a plus in my eyes, the Dr may disagree though lol

Agreed, and folks can thus not use the VPN component. The other algorithm it has is fully recognized, and, IIRC, matching others.....

MultiDeco works well. I've been very happy with it. Ross may have some different views on deco theory, even sounding like he really needs to switch to decaf, but his software is easy to use and very adjustable and customizable to a lot of options and algorithms.

If you go that route, get MultiDeco, not V-Planner. MultiDeco has a bunch of algorithms, including VPM. V-Planner is just VPM.
You should not use VPM algorithm. In the hands of NEDU it generates 20min deep stops!! Also according to Simom M, Ross does not understand deco. You should stay clear of his software...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom