Decompression model on Suunto Vyper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am still missing something. If the floor and the ceiling and the same in a light deco scenario, how could they be any different is a heavy deco scenario?

My understanding is that you have to ascend to the floor to start effective deco, but should not exceed the ceiling.

I would imagine in a light deco situation that the floor could be quite deep, and the ceiling quite shallow.

In a heavy deco situation the floor would vary, but probably the ceiling would be deeper (until you get into a light deco mode).

So, I still dont undertand why the floor is so shallow. The problem I have with this is that the computer was telling me to ascend to 10ft right away, which is not something I really wanted to do (or in fact did).

Thanks.

Diver0001:
What dr. Weinke says make sense. If the older models are all Bulhmann then you would expect the floor and the ceiling to be the same on light deco scenarios......

R..

Where can I get more information about these NAUI RGBM protocols?

BRW:
Guys,
Keep diving, and if your rec computer doesn't do
full RGBM deep stops, you can use the NAUI RGBM protocols
on top of your computer -- 1 minute at 1/2 depth, plus
2 minutes in 15 fsw zone for all no-deco dives deeper than
40 fsw. And add this to any deco regimen supplied by your
haldane computer -- works well and has confluence with
full RGBM down to about 150 fsw.

Bruce Wienke
Program Manager Computational Physics
CounterMeasures Dive Team Ldr
NAUI BOD Vice Chairman

tstiemerling:
Where can I get more information about these NAUI RGBM protocols?[/QUO

TT,

Get RGBM Tables from NAUI Hdqts, or go out to
RGBMdiving.com

BW

BRW:
TT,

The newer SUUNTO computers will have full RGBM
deep stops. The older versions use RGBM bubble
mechanics more sparingly -- mainly for reverse profiles,
altitude, closely spaced repets, and high frequency
multiday diving.

MARES and DACOR (rec) computers have fuller versions of
RGBM.

Bruce, will the Suunto computers have a similar algorithm to the Mares one? The Mares algorithm still seems a little limited. The Mares website gives a sample dive to 50m with a single deep stop at around 22m for 1 min. This would be well short of the deep stops claculated by VPM (or I presume RGBM software). So will the Suunto version give similar deep stops, or will it extend this concept further?

If the Mares algorithm gives a deep stop at 22m where would the next stop be? By the illustration it looks like the next stop would be quite shallow (6m ??)

If I was to add in my own deep stops would the Mares RGBM computer give credit for these, or would it add to my total deco time?

Thanks, BD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom