Decompression theory book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M_Bipartitus

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was interested if anyone had recomendations on books that are out there on decompression theory and models. I was looking to learn more on the teoryside of diving. (I'm AOW now) I'm working on a Ph.D in physics, so technical equations don't scare me. I'm thinking of the book by Bruce Weinke, "Basic Decompression Theory And Application". If anyone has a different sugestion I'd like to hear it.

M_Bipartitus:
I'm thinking of the book by Bruce Weinke, "Basic Decompression Theory And Application".

That book is very good as it Wienke's "Reduced Gradient Bubble Model in Depth".

You might also check out http://www.decompression.org/maiken/home.htm

-Bill

I own the US diving manula and the NOAA diving manual
both contain an ungodly amount of information on decompression and mixed gas theory

any of Bruce's books are going to be prime choices for diving physics. He wrote/co wrote the books for NAUI Technical training.

M_Bipartitus:
I was interested if anyone had recomendations on books that are out there on decompression theory and models. I was looking to learn more on the teoryside of diving. (I'm AOW now) I'm working on a Ph.D in physics, so technical equations don't scare me. I'm thinking of the book by Bruce Weinke, "Basic Decompression Theory And Application". If anyone has a different sugestion I'd like to hear it.

Dive Physiology in Plain English by Dr Jolie Bookspan. Its awsome!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom