Deconstructing Avatars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I change avatars all the time. I must be unstable.

My kids are crazy about smurfs these days so it'S my new theme

Are the Smurfs still around? I thought they went out with the 80's (parachute pants and big bar hair).

I actually have that same Smurf sitting on my desk at work...

Well, I kept about 60 smurfs in a box and now that they are old enough, i gave them one by one over a few months. They also watch the shows on rented dvd's.

They are still producing the figurines btw.

Haldane's research led to one of the best SB quotes I think I've ever read: Mike Edmonston's comment, "Never assume an unexploded goat is evidence of a good decompression profile."
:rofl4:

Haldane's research led to one of the best SB quotes I think I've ever read: Mike Edmonston's comment, "Never assume an unexploded goat is evidence of a good decompression profile."
Shouldn't that be, "a goat on four legs?":D

Ah. Good question, Za! Haldane needed (non-human) subjects on which to perform tests to determine empirically how deep/long a compression was safe and how fast the de-compression could be. He chose goats because they were plentiful, their physiology is not too different from ours, and when a long-legged goat has a bend it really shows in its gait/posture--as opposed to, for example, a pig. With non-human subjects you can't just ask them, "do you have any pain yet?"
Good answer, I was just reading about the pig thing.

"Never assume an unexploded goat is evidence of a good decompression profile."
:rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom