Dee Regs, Long Hair & Hoods

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nay

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I dive in water cold enough to need a hood and I have long hair. I usually braid it, put on a bandana and then my hood. The bandana would always come off with the hood which got hair in my face which is a pain to get back outwith wet hands or gloves. I just bought a dee rag from Dee here on scubaboard and it rocks. It sits lower on your forehead so it stays on when the hood comes off and keeps hair out of your face and mask better than a bandana.
And, I'm diving warm water soon and it'll be on my head keeping my hair out of the way since I don't have the hood to do it.
Check them out!
www.dee-rags.com

I don't have long hair, but my wife does, and we both love our Dee rags.

Firefyter:
I don't have long hair, but my wife does, and we both love our Dee rags.
I don't have any hair, and I like my Dee rag too ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
I don't have any hair, and I like my Dee rag too
How do you keep it on? With Thumb Tacks?

I guess I will see in about 6 weeks!

Wristshot

I just returned from a week on Utila. I mentioned Dee rags to the group I was with as a preventitive to Blood Worms in the hair on night dives. Several of the other divers bought them for this purpose and used them throughout the trip. Everyone was happy with the rags. We have a picture around somewhere. Thanks Dee !!!

I've been using a Dee Rag for years. Keeps my head from getting sunburned. So, Renee, you are so right, Dee Rags rock!

Well I just ordered mine as well. tired of the bandana, I would love to have it before this weekend, to show it off to some new OW students, but will do it on the next class..

I heard of them from walter, always wondered where he got his...

I am wondering... When you wear your dee rag (for the person with long hair) do you put it in a pony or braid first? I tried one and it just comes off. Ended up loosing one and put the others away, but I would like to make them work as my last trip to warm water ended up with my hair caught in my regulator. Went in with long hair and almost came out with short hair.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom