Deep 6 16lb Removable Weights Question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What beautiful ideas, I feel like going out and buying some weight pockets like those

Oh that's right I have some H ones and they're far too big and bulky for most peoples
weight requirements

Simple is best

Meredith Tanguay, an instructor I had taken a class from recently, had recommended it and put it on during an equipment checkout. I moved it over from large weight pockets to small ones. Is the left d-ring difficult to clip onto even when not on a weight pocket, but in the waist webbing? I think it'll work all the same.

I'm not sure what I was thinking when I said 3". I was thinking wider than mine and had 2" webbing on the brain. Mine is about 0.5" wide and would start a little wider...maybe 0.75" and work back.

No worries, I took the weight pocket to the hardware store to match up. I ended up with 1 7/8" x 1.5" x 2/16". They are just a hair tight putting on but after that they are perfect.

I don't have any issue clipping / unclipping from the regular from the D ring when it's on my hip webbing (stiff webbing though).

With my setup in fresh water (SS bp/w, 7mm farmer john, VDH 35# wing) I need about 16 lbs of weight. If I can ever shed some lead, I'll switch to smaller pockets I guess (for warm water in salt I use 2lbs, but just for trim).

Here's some pictures of the weight pocket all fixed;
Dropbox - O Ring Fix - Simplify your life

These are pretty thick o rings, I may or may not use bicycle inner tube on top? Not sure, I have plenty of that though....

What beautiful ideas, I feel like going out and buying some weight pockets like those

Oh that's right I have some H ones and they're far too big and bulky for most peoples
weight requirements

Simple is best

Not understanding? These are a little bulky, but it's nice to be able to put all my gear on and then just clip the weights in. I'm not opposed to a weight belt, but this feels more convenient.

Quick question....are these16 lbs per pocket or 16lbs per set?

8/ pocket (as the description says on they're site:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom