Deep 6 Outfitters live service clinic in the GTA... who's in?

Do you want a Deep 6 service clinic in the GTA?

• TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • I'm not in the GTA, but I'm in! Here's my money!

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I suck, so... no.

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Impressive class, great instructor :)

It was a pleasure meeting you all today! After covering everything from gas blending to military maneuvers to even a bit on regulator maintenance, I think we would be hard pressed to find someone who didn't take a ton from this - an immense thank you to Chris for the day! (But, I'm not going to thank you when I start buying tools to do this myself... well, maybe after I make back my investment in savings on services, but I'm still going to harbour at least a short-term grudge...)

And while I appreciate the acknowledgement, @shoredivr, I think the thanks goes to the collective 'you' for putting your names forward and committing - without all of your support, I wouldn't have had anything to push! And to @Dogbowl for the idea to begin with! (And, thanks to @abnfrog for pushing this from behind the scenes!) You all rock!

For those of you who took some photos during the event and care to share... I know I'd definitely be interested in seeing some of them...

... well, maybe not the one with the crowd staring at Chris's orifice pictures...

And, for @cerich's benefit, maybe we should jot down some of the suggestions made in the class? (I'm sure I forget at least half the stuff I mean to remember...) Off the top of my head...
  • Pure orange wetsuit (sorry, couldn't resist)
  • Color-coded o-rings
  • Re-uploading the manual to the Deep 6 website
  • BETTER DIAGRAMS (maybe have some higher-quality images separate from the manual?)
  • ... I probably shouldn't have waited until 1.30 AM to start this list...

It was a pleasure meeting you all today! After covering everything from gas blending to military maneuvers to even a bit on regulator maintenance, I think we would be hard pressed to find someone who didn't take a ton from this - an immense thank you to Chris for the day! (But, I'm not going to thank you when I start buying tools to do this myself... well, maybe after I make back my investment in savings on services, but I'm still going to harbour at least a short-term grudge...)

And while I appreciate the acknowledgement, @shoredivr, I think the thanks goes to the collective 'you' for putting your names forward and committing - without all of your support, I wouldn't have had anything to push! And to @Dogbowl for the idea to begin with! (And, thanks to @abnfrog for pushing this from behind the scenes!) You all rock!

For those of you who took some photos during the event and care to share... I know I'd definitely be interested in seeing some of them...

... well, maybe not the one with the crowd staring at Chris's orifice pictures...

And, for @cerich's benefit, maybe we should jot down some of the suggestions made in the class? (I'm sure I forget at least half the stuff I mean to remember...) Off the top of my head...
  • Pure orange wetsuit (sorry, couldn't resist)
  • Color-coded o-rings
  • Re-uploading the manual to the Deep 6 website
  • BETTER DIAGRAMS (maybe have some higher-quality images separate from the manual?)
  • ... I probably shouldn't have waited until 1.30 AM to start this list...
And a tool list.

Christolube or tribolube
Simple green
T-handle 1 st stage holder
Pin wrench size 5
Vise
Assorted wrenches or a thin adjustable wrench
O-ring picks including spiral pick for 1st stage internal o-ring
Assorted Allen keys including that special 7mm you have to buy
separately
Torque wrench in inch pounds
IP gague
In-line adjustment tool for second stage
UltraSonic cleaner and superduper vinegar
Flex Blowgun
M15 brush @abnfrog :) or a toothbrush
Magnahelic

Please add anything I've forgotten or edit anything I've named incorrectly.

Last edited:
I’ll just add:

Gaming mouse pad - can be found on Amazon.ca in different designs and price ranges

I have to agree it was great putting a face to every ones name ....big thank you Chris ..! It was (and not blowing smoke here ) the best and most interesting and enjoyable reg course ive ever had , he was funny engaging , and of course knowledgeable .......AND YES im going to get a complete orange suit !!!! (just don't know where yet )........well to we all adieu ...............ps im a deep six instructor now so any one who missed the course can contact me here in Ontario now .......steve

Thanks a lot to everyone and especially to @cerich for making it happen. It was a great mix of participants with some advanced, intermediate and total newbie (like myself) knowledge. I really enjoyed the class and learned a lot.
Now I know first hand what to look for and what to do if my 2nd stage ever floods again :).

I've only just learned of this now and I'm pretty bummed I missed out. Maybe we could do this again sometime? :p

Back
Top Bottom