Deep 6 regs.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tournesol2000

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Looking forward to finally diving my new regs tomorrow (New Years day)!
Thanks @cerich.
42DCE896-A1B2-4C7A-AF82-E2A70F7BEDAB.jpeg

Well the dive was great. Given the weather lately it was a fantastic morning. The regs performed great. No issues at all. Now it was not a deep dive as we only went to 2nd reef and a bit further out, but it was 20-25 feet.
Regs were comfortable and breathing was easy and effortless.
Had some interesting pieces of advise from the dive store, so much that he insisted that I bring an extra set of regs in the car! It was a WTF moment, but it was his store and his DM. I made a point after to say how amazing the regs were and how effortless to breath.
Bottom line is I am so glad I bought them. No regrets.

Had some interesting pieces of advise from the dive store, so much that he insisted that I bring an extra set of regs in the car! It was a WTF moment, but it was his store and his DM.
Ok, you got my curiosity up. What was the advice?

Well the dive was great. Given the weather lately it was a fantastic morning. The regs performed great. No issues at all. Now it was not a deep dive as we only went to 2nd reef and a bit further out, but it was 20-25 feet.
Regs were comfortable and breathing was easy and effortless.
Had some interesting pieces of advise from the dive store, so much that he insisted that I bring an extra set of regs in the car! It was a WTF moment, but it was his store and his DM. I made a point after to say how amazing the regs were and how effortless to breath.
Bottom line is I am so glad I bought them. No regrets.
So I take it you weren't doing a New Years dive at Hanlan's Point. :)

Glad you like your new regs.

I'd be interested to hear the advice too.

I've been diving my Deep 6 regs since summer and they've been great. My daughter dives the Aqualung Legend LX. About the only thing I liked better about hers was the actual mouthpiece. It definitely seems better in my mouth and I feel less need to bite down as much, just more comfortable. So I just bought an extra Legend mouthpiece and put it on my Deep 6. I do like the Deep 6 1st stage better with the turret type setup for hoses as well as the bottom LP port for routing a longer hose (40-48") underneath my right arm. Great regs!

I have limited experience with mouthpiece but I can see me trying others out in the future.
Other than that I still need to see how they behave in deep dives, but that will not be happening for a while.

I also switched all of my Deep 6 mouthpieces to the Aqualung Comfobite mouthpieces. I suspect they’re the same as the Aqualung Legend ones. Without them, I couldn’t keep the second stages in my mouth on land - they were heavier than I’m used to. But wth the mouthpieces switched out, they felt fine on land and I didn’t feel them at all in the water, which is a very good thing. Breathing was definitely “easy”, so I’m happy with my purchase. I used a 7’ long hose primary with 22” secondary configuration.

Also, I got some complements on the boat and accused of having “flipping” nice gear from the shop staff!

I also switched all of my Deep 6 mouthpieces to the Aqualung Comfobite mouthpieces. I suspect they’re the same as the Aqualung Legend ones. Without them, I couldn’t keep the second stages in my mouth on land - they were heavier than I’m used to. But wth the mouthpieces switched out, they felt fine on land and I didn’t feel them at all in the water, which is a very good thing. Breathing was definitely “easy”, so I’m happy with my purchase. I used a 7’ long hose primary with 22” secondary configuration.

Also, I got some complements on the boat and accused of having “flipping” nice gear from the shop staff!
Yes, the Aqualung Legend ones are the same as the Aqualung Comfo-bite mouthpiece. VERY inexpensive way to a great mouthpiece for sure! Agree 100% with your findings above - mine too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom