Deep 6 wing compatibility with Freedom Plate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a customer that is wondering about compatibility with a Deep 6 wing. I have no experience with these wings so I couldn’t comment. I’m interested in how the roll control system works, how it’s configured, and spacing of the cam slots. This customer is getting a bare aluminum plate for travel (no bracket). I have these plates set up to be used with either the VDH wings or the Oxycheq Mach V wings. Those two wings have roll control logs or cushions sewn into the sides of the slots top and bottom leaving the center area in between the slots open. What this does is it allows the tank to free span the distance in between the two sets of roll control cushions. The Freedom Plate is curved top to bottom to conform the the curved shape of your back so the wing needs to have top and bottom roll cushions that are fairly substancial in girth otherwise the tank will high center on the center portion of the plate and cause stress on the curve of the plate when the cam bands are torqued down. Wings like the Hog for instance (and maybe others) have two long roll control bars the whole length down and will cause the plate to high center and leave open space at the slots which is not good.
Any info anybody has would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. The customer just called me and mentioned he’s going with either Oxy or VDH, so the point is a little moot now. However, I’d still like to know just so I can have the info available for the future.
Thanks everyone...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom