Deep, Dark, And Dangerous Adventures And Reflections On The Andrea Doria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tonka97

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
http://www.ggentile.com/dddbook.html

DEEP, DARK, AND DANGEROUS ADVENTURES AND REFLECTIONS ON THE ANDREA DORIA

This is the book that readers of Shadow Divers should read. The action is described by a technical diver and excellent writer. Gentile has written more than 30 books on diving and shipwrecks.

DEEP, DARK, AND DANGEROUS ADVENTURES AND REFLECTIONS ON THE ANDREA DORIA requires a serious reading and it delivers...good information and excitement.

This is the real deal and is well researched and footnoted.

Good illustrations, and is a page turner!

File this book under NON-fiction. :coffee:

Thanks, I've been looking at this for a read. I wouldn't get too hung up on the semantics between divers though. To be able to dive that wreck and walk away...I would give up a lot. To be able to dive it multiple times and live would seem to require dive intervention. Anybody who has done that is okay in my book, IMHO.

tonka97:
DEEP, DARK, AND DANGEROUS ADVENTURES AND REFLECTIONS ON THE ANDREA DORIA requires a serious reading and it delivers...good information and excitement.

I found this to be a great book to read, especially for anyone with an interest in the Doria. Gary certainly is qualified to write it, with more dives on this wreck than anyone.

Bob, you've been on the Doria, if you've read it what did you think?

yeah... Gary did write the book on diving the Doria

*** Mod Post! ***

Please... Stick to the topic. Posts that are inflammatory, trollish and/or downright mean will be removed. Also any posts that quote or refer to those mean spirited posts will be removed. Many have already been deleted.

The stalking of any user on this Board for your personal enjoyment will not be tolerated.

If you have any comments or questions about this action, please PM me directly or start a new thread in Site Support.

Thanks for your cooperation.

*** End Mod Post ***

thank you Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom