Deep diving and personal stress levels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. Bubble

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I went on a dive trip this past weekend. Each Dive was 100-130 ft. Prior to leaving on the trip, I was informed about a personnal situation that caused great distress. I was incouraged to continue on the trip and not worry, so I did. When I was on the surface, I was okay, but when I went down to depth, I felt paniced and had anxiety. I almost surfaced, but was able to regain control. This happened again the next day on the first dive. I am not usually paniced or anxious at these depths and wondered if there is any connection between personal stress (high) levels and the effect on a diver?

Thanks.

There is a relationship between personal stress and virtually everything that we do - SCUBA diving not excepted.

Thanks Doc,
I was hoping the dives would calm me down, but they ended up intensifying everthing I was feeling inside. I chose to not dive the third day. Wise choice I guess. I still looked like a wimp to everyone else, but a decision I needed to make.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom