• 200fsw - 300fsw

Votes: 30 14.0%
  • 300fsw - 350fsw

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Deeper than 350fsw

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaTec

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Deep Diving
I would like to know who is doing deep diving
obviously on some sort of mixed gas

I would like to have a conversation with those people doing deep dives

what is deep?? Every body has their opinion. Lets just see were this goes

This isn't a pole on your deepest dive ever but what depths do you dive on occasion, generally, once in a while willing to do next week. That sort of thing.

I am looking for depths, which I hope, will lead into current techniques, etc.

i voted for 100fsw max

Trying to break old habits and adopt the DIR philosophy. I wont have trimix cert till the summer so 100' is it for me now.

Andy

Did you mean tech dives? Every rec diver in the Caribbean is in the 100 – 150 category even if they shouldn’t be (IMO). Most of my diving is within 150, although this is changing. Any dive I do that can even remotely be considered deep is done with manifold connected doubles, multiple gasses and planned stage decompression. To date all my diving has been with essentially normoxic mixes so about 200 would be my max. There are some wrecks we want to dive that are in the 200 –240 range and we plan to work up to them. For a number of reasons I doubt we will ever go much deeper.

Spearfishing to 150' on air weekly if possible.Wrecks and deep reefs to 200' every other month or so.Past 200' several times a year .Any penetration past 130' is on mix.Long penetration in shallow range <130' on 1.4 PO2 with deco gas at the point it saves 5-10 minutes.I'll consider some deeper dives occasionally,but truth be known theres rarely any payoff other than testosterone.Deepest deco stop would be a good proression from this thread.......

I agree that there must be a reason to go deep [what ever that means to you] macho stuff is out of style these days.

Deep deco I am not sure what you ment by that saturday my 1st deco was at 150' I have had decos in the 220 range before

and no I didn't meen just tech dives just diving in general

I think people that are diving in simular depth ranges should have stuff to talk about.

most of my dives are between 200 and 350 so for me it would be interesting to chat with someone doing simular dive profiles

100-150 feet for me (usually no more than 110 due to limiations of Texas lakes. And even then, very rarely through out the year).

And like Ari, I respect that I don't have the technical training to get deeper and am working on obtaining the appropriate technical training to get any deeper than 110.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom