"Deep in the Heart of Texas"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey - if we're all going to Sonic - to heck with the Cherry Coke - go for the Cherry Limeade!!!

And Hoover - hate to even ask about the inside joke ...... was you? Or someone else????:eek:

Hi Gadgetgirl, and hoover:
Thanks for the warm Texas welcome! I must say, if I had to move, Texas is the best place. The people just couldn't be any nicer down there.
I leave for Pearland Monday. I'll be down doing a final walk through the house. Then off to see the highschool, YMCA, movie theaters, and Twin Lakes. (That will all be my hang outs)
Tuesday, dinner over in Galveston to take in the Gulf.
Landry's I think.

PS My In laws live in the Woodlands so I'll be up there quite a bit too.
Can't wait! ((( Pulling out my cowboy hat and white cowboy boots now)))

PPS I'm trying hard to get into Country music. This is what seems to be taking me the longest. But I do like that Me, Me, Me song by Toby Keith.

Natasha once bubbled...

Tuesday, dinner over in Galveston to take in the Gulf.
Landry's I think.

Excellent choice!

Look forward to seeing you and some of the other Swampers this summer!

No, it was a different kind of cookies. On our road trip to Balmorhea a few weeks ago with Dee, Beast, ScubaTexasTony and Bren and of course Nina, we stopped at a Sonic. I had some freshly baked chocolate chunk cookies in a tupperware container. I took some over to offer them to Beast, and when I tried to seal the container, I dropped the entire thing in the parking lot. If it hadn't been for the good friends and good diving that weekend, I'd have been really p.o.'d.

I think I pouted for about 5 days though.

No matter what we did, he was unconsolable over his lost cookies. Beast offered him one of the only two chocolate chip cookies left but he refused. He should have known Beast wasn't going to ask again! :(

Natasha once bubbled...

PS My In laws live in the Woodlands so I'll be up there quite a bit too.
Can't wait! ((( Pulling out my cowboy hat and white cowboy boots now)))

PPS I'm trying hard to get into Country music. This is what seems to be taking me the longest. But I do like that Me, Me, Me song by Toby Keith.

Well, Natasha, you and your hubby are finally doing it! You are moving to Texas! Are you really sure about this? You know what kind of crazy people we are down here! :wink:

Speaking of pulling out your cowboy hat and boots, it is too bad you are just now coming down. You just missed the big shin-dig down here called the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. I am on one of the committees and was there all the time. I was worn out by the time it finished but boy was it fun! You will need to check it out next year.

Hey, it will not be hard to get into country music down here. I grew up on rock-n-roll but these days, I will take a George Strait song any day.

In case you are wondering, the "Me, Me, Me" song is titled "I Wanna Talk About Me".

See ya when you get down here!

.. with a shot of vanilla!!..

Welcome home Natasha! I figured you had given up on us. Glad to see you are making the move after all. I think you'll love livin' down here.

Welcome to the Swamp Natasha!

One word of warning about Route 44 Cherry Limeades....before ordering one for the road, be sure and check to make sure where the next rest stop is along the highway. Your bladder will thank you later....:wink:

:rofL:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom