Deep outdoors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I looked at them briefly at Beneath the Sea. I looked at the wings not sure what the Matrix is. The first thing I noticed was they have a built in bungie system. It looks like elastic sewn inside the outer cordura jacket. As soon As I saw that I moved on. I personally would stick with the Halcyon or dive rite classic.
Ken

Was in a LDS in South Ft. Worth today looking for a new BC (I'm a newbie) and the store owner was very excited about their new harness system. He sells Halcyon, OMS, Dive Rite and now Deepoutdoors. He was very imformative and gave his likes and dislikes about each line but really seemed to plug the Matrix. Seemed strange because he could have sold me something in stock but suggested I wait until he gets his Deepoutdoors equipment in next week.

His main highlights where:

the off shaped rings on the shoulder straps that did not cause the strapping to bunch;

the slotted holes on their plates that allow attaching accessories with stapping instead of rings;

and just an overall attention to detail and quality.

I am still undecided on what I am going with. I am undecided between the OMS IQ, Transpac II, or just a BP/wing. I think the Matrix looks like a good product, but am unexperianced with scuba gear and like the idea of a product from a company that has been established for a while.

Not sure if this helps but thats it.

Bill

I have been diving with various Zeagles since I bought my first one in '85. Back then most people had never heard of them and on dive trips, many dive masters sneered at it ("you'll drown in that damn thing buddy"). Now I use a Ranger most of the time, Tech on occasion and pull out an old late 80s model (forgot what it was called) for traveling because it rolls up into a tiny ball and weighs next to nothing. Still have the 85 model and I dive with it on occasion just to keep it happy.

Boomx5,I saw the ad in Immersed,went to the site.The harness system is a joke!Just how many quick releases can a guy put on a harness should be the model name.Thier PDF file on the website wasn't clear on if you could get the poorly thought out backplate without the harness or not ,it just seemed to compare systems.Take this one piece of sage advice classify your LDS owner under your list of 'idiots who don't care about my safety'list.This post may seem harsh.I'm not directing any of my invective at you.You have done the right thing here.If you are planning on staying recreational or going cave/tech a simple B/P system as shown in the GUE or WKPP sites will serve you well.All those bells,whistles and shiny objects actually detract from comfort and safety most of the time .The offset D-rings are about $20 each from Highland .The 2" strapping 12-15' to make the harness another $20.A B/P from our own FredT ,Dive-Rite,Halcyon or anyone else can run $50 -250 with $100 normal.Bladders from Dive-rite,Halcyon or OMS can run from $150-350.Hopefully LY will stop by with some links to some good sites for ya..:)

100Days,
No offense taken by your post. I was just asking a question about a new product that I had never heard of before. It is very easy to get suckered into buying the "latest and greatest" product out on the market, without any knowledge if that product is any good or not. I'm not really an early adopter of new things unless I have enough evidence that it is worth it.

Scott

Hi,
Anyone know anyhting about a NEW tech gear company that has their first ad in Rodale's SCUBA magazine in May 2002, called DEEP OUTDOORS at www.deepoutdoors.com?

They have a 2 page downloadable Adobe PDF file showing their system.

Could it be OMS's, Dive Rite's and Halycon's new rival?

Looks like another wings,bp mfg. Nothing new from the web site. Looks like a Halcyon, Diverite copy cat. A BP is a BP is a BP, no matter how many slots you put into it.

Eric

Good point!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom