Deep Sea Creatures!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed_Dman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hi Fellow ScubaBoarders, Divers & Photographers!

Feed your eyes on these deep sea creatures. You might not get to see them during any of your regular dives! These creatures were washed up after the tsunamis hit on the 26th December 2004!

Pretty amazing creatures! Some even looked like they are from the movie, Alien!

Wouldn't it be great if we get to take those photos while they are underwater & alive!? Amazing!

Ed. :scubadive:

Could you cite the marine laboratory from which those pictures were taken? They look a lot like shipboard deepwater trawl samples... and I'm getting deja vu flashes from a few pics in particular.

archman:
Could you cite the marine laboratory from which those pictures were taken? They look a lot like shipboard deepwater trawl samples... and I'm getting deja vu flashes from a few pics in particular.

Hi Archman!

I'm not too sure where those pictures are from which marine lab? They were forwarded to me but not from the original source! I'll try to check it out for you. :wink:

Happy Diving & Keep Those Bubbles Flowing!

Wow! Amazing! do you know where they washed up and is there a way to get the names of those critters? Do you know if anything was a 1st "sighting"?

I think this is a scam. The last photo (at night) was taken aboard ship, a big one that would not be anywhere near a coast with a tsunamai. Some of the others I'm fairly certain I've seen online before. The condition of the specimens is remarkably good for deepwater animals that have been rolling around in the shallows after a tsunamai... that would also beg the question as to how anyone would have the time or ability to go around in the aftermath picking up deep sea fishes.

I wish I could make out that label better. It would probably have date identifiers and other useful info.

I knew something was er... "fishy" about this. Okay all those photos were from the NORFANZ expedition back in May of 2003. If you go through the photo library, you'll find them. All those photos have the standard copyright to them, too.

http://www.oceans.gov.au/norfanz/week1_day01.htm

archman:
I knew something was er... "fishy" about this. Okay all those photos were from the NORFANZ expedition back in May of 2003. If you go through the photo library, you'll find them. All those photos have the standard copyright to them, too.

http://www.oceans.gov.au/norfanz/week1_day01.htm

Archman! You were right! It's a scam! If you look at the attached photo (which I have rotated) & enlarge it to 150%, you'll see it's written on the tag, 23-5-03.

Sorry ScubaBoarders for posting this thread! I was just a bit excited to share with all of you when it was forwarded to me. :bash: I don't mind if any of you decided to delete this thread. Thank you!

Damn those scammers!

Anyway, Happy Diving & Keep Those Bubbles Flowing!

Great work debunking the post! I too had seen one of the photos before. The Aligator looking thing with the big paddle looking feet and long nose. The pix from the RV were great!

I am glad it's not just me.

They really are some amazing creatures though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom