Deep Sea Creatures!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scam or not, these are still real pics of what's out there, and archman's link has a lot of interesting stuff in it.

Wisnu:
Hi,
If you look carefully there is tag state " I.S.R Munro Ichychyological collection".
Thanks Wisnu!
I was so in awe about the fish I didn't see anything else

Good catch Archman

Delete the thread? No way! After all the fish are real, Archman found some real info on them and they are way too interesting to look at to delete the thread.
Thanks for sharing

justleesa:
Thanks Wisnu!
I was so in awe about the fish I didn't see anything else

Good catch Archman

Delete the thread? No way! After all the fish are real, Archman found some real info on them and they are way too interesting to look at to delete the thread.
Thanks for sharing

Ok! Looks like this thread didn't go to waste after all! I'm glad that all of you are so supportive, eventhough I said that those creatures were washed up during the tsunamis (on my initial posting). Anyway, it's always good to learn about something new! :) Thanks Archman!

Well, they are after all, real! I believed that a couple of those creatures actually belong to the sharks species (according to one of my books). See the attached photos!

Happy Diving & Keep Those Bubbles Flowing!

Ed. :scubadive:

Cool pics though - I got the email from a couple of friends and forwarded it on as well like a dummy. Some people will take advantage of anything to get a laugh - I am sure that the scammer is delighted at how this email has made the rounds....

Planning on being more skeptical from now on...

Ok, got that they are not from the Tsunami, but real fish. I think if it was likely I would run into any of those on a regular basis I might have to rethink diving.... EEwwwww!

(I'm such a girly girl!) :)

Those photos are still copyrighted. They are not supposed to be "running loose" on the internet. It would be polite to not be posting them without proper acknowledgement. Best to merely post links to the expedition website.

Ed_Dman:
Feed your eyes on these deep sea creatures. You might not get to see them during any of your regular dives!
Wouldn't it be great if we get to take those photos while they are underwater & alive!? Amazing!

Ed. :scubadive:
That last creature in the set of photos, the chimera, is pretty common up here in divable depths (we call them ratfish). The shallowest I've seen them is around 30 feet deep. They're actually kind of cute when they're alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom