deep sea detective show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tonka97:
"On the S-5 episode, the 'detectives' neglected to mention that the Navy conducted 477 dives on the wreck. After a throrough investigation, there was never any doubt that the submarine sank as the result of a malfunction of the main air induction valve. In addition to instituting changes in the design of this essentially important valve, the Navy installed indicating lights in the control rooms of other submarines, to show when the valve was open or closed"....

"They (deep sea detectives) exclaimed that they saw nothing wrong with the valve. First of all, the main air induction valve was not located in the control room, (where they were) but in the engine room. The valve that was shown in the broadcast was some other valve."

"Secondly, they should have known that the component that failed was the gate inside the valve, and that this mechanism could not be seen by looking as the outer casing".

p. 148, Shadow Divers Exposed, Gary Gentile, http://www.ggentile.com/sdexposed.html

Chatterton and Kohler have a lot of experience in fooling the gullible with Shadow Divers and Hitler's Lost Sub. They shamelessly continue to chortle all the way to the bank.

Considering the source you're quoting, I'll go with Chatterton, thanks just the same. Lots more credibility.

The show was poorly produced and seemed very rushed. There was alot of commercials and the repeating of content over and over was crazy. The later shows got better but still seemed to miss things and jump to conclusions.

Take the Queen of Nassau. They say it was scuttled by letting free the shaft etc. This just doesnt jive with engineering. But it was a cool wreck to watch.

I didn't care much for the show and really don't understand why alot of shows seem to limit diving on the Great Lakes to just a few wrecks.

They also tooted the Andrea Doria as the second greatest loss next to the Titanic. I find that way out in left field given other wrecks such as the Empress of Ireland and the William Gustoff etc etc

Anyway it was not the best show on the tube. :shakehead

Firefyter:
Considering the source you're quoting, I'll go with Chatterton, thanks just the same. Lots more credibility.

What part of "the Navy conducted 477 dives on the wreck. After a throrough investigation, there was never any doubt that the submarine sank as the result of a malfunction of the main air induction valve" do you not understand??

I choose the truth. Not more fakery by Kohler and Chatterton.

Sorry.

Geez Tonka, you really have a hardon for Gentile doncha?

Do you have anything, any single source for reference besides that one book? Or is that your version of holy scripture? Thus it is written, thus it is so?

I enjoyed the show for what it was. There are very few dive shows that have made it, and as a diver it was interesting even if others can only find negative things to say about it.

People think that producing a TV show must be easy, and that the divers had a lot of control over content or the final edits. I guess people also believe that finding divers who are technically qualified, and wanting to work such a show is easy.

My thoughts are that it is going to be impossible to please everyone, and that one could fill the tube with SuperBabes like Jessica Alba as dive experts, and that would not go over very well either.

Diver Dennis:
Would you guys watch a show that was all about recreational dive locations in Asia?

:14: :14: :14:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, let me think :wink:...

Hell yeah!!

Diver Dennis:

Just make sure that it's better than diving passport, the production quality of it is atrocious.
If possible it'd be good to have HD footage from the show on its website (if there will be one).

I'm thinking something along the lines of http://www.hdvunderwater.com

Bali, PI, Yap, et cetera would make great destinations Dennis.
Prolly would be good to feature locations that persons can travel to fairly easily....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom