'deep stop' experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Long before deep stops became popular there was a practice whereby you could in an emergency safely half your depth if running low on bottom gas but you would then have to make a 2 minute stop. For instance if in 200 feet and running low you could make a very fast assent to 100 if needed.

It usually goes, "I feel much less fatigued when I do deep stops" vs. "I've never felt any difference". This thread has gone absolutely pre Madonna
Aretha Franklin?

Long before deep stops became popular...We used to make a direct ascent to the surface at 60 feet per minute on any no stop dive.
Yep 60 fpm was a normal assent rate, deco or no deco. If you went any slower and you were late to the first stop you would have to add the lag time to the first deco stop time

Yep 60 fpm was a normal assent rate, deco or no deco. If you went any slower and you were late to the first stop you would have to add the lag time to the first deco stop time
Think I've got somewhere my PADI dive table (my very 1st one) advocating for a 60feet/min ascent. Some memories there !

Long before deep stops became popular...We used to make a direct ascent to the surface at 60 feet per minute on any no stop dive.
The logic was impeccable. You wanted to get rid of N2, so why hang around where it was being added?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom