'deep stop' experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fatigue after a dive could have numerous implications. Perhaps you weren’t using Nitrox. Perhaps you weren’t hydrated the night before? Perhaps your fitness level is wanting? If you have accidentally exceeded the No Decompression Limit while at 100 ft, you may want to consider deco ratio on the fly (risk mitigated) by ascending to 40 ft and remain there for 3-minutes, then ascend to 30 ft and remain there for 3-minutes, then complete your Safety Stop for 3-minutes at 16 ft. Discontinue diving for 3-hours minimum.
That’s a lot to remember, can I just follow my computer or should I put your post on a piece of parchment and bring it with me whenever I go diving?

I still do a Pyle stop when diving greater than 80’

So you can just make up whatever wild thing you want and just say we don't have to have any basis other than pulling it out of our butt? What do PADI tables have to do with it--they are not remotely close to what you said to do.

I know the wise thing to do i to ignore your posts, but people who do not know better might actually do the things you tell them to do, and that thought scares me.
From what I gather, everything scares you. Living a sheltered lifestyle may have provided the impetus.

A diver can remain at 2.2 ata for 116 minutes or until air diminishes. Ratio deco on the fly for recreational dives has its uses whether you agree or not. :gas:

From what I gather, everything scares you. Living a sheltered lifestyle may have provided the impetus.

A diver can remain at 2.2 ata for 116 minutes or until air diminishes. Ratio deco on the fly for recreational dives has its uses whether you agree or not. :gas:
How many recreational divers can do that?

How many recreational bots can do that…

I was immersed in Ratio Deco for years, long enough to know it has nothing to do with recreational dives. It is a decompression diving algorithm

Pretty much sums up deep stops for you and why they have gone out of style:

Simon's presentation is excellent, but it is all about decompression diving. He does not have any strong feelings about NDL dives.

"Basic scuba" never involves with decompression dive.
The "MOD" should move all those off topic posts to "Advanced Scuba".

That’s a lot to remember, can I just follow my computer or should I put your post on a piece of parchment and bring it with me whenever I go diving?

I still do a Pyle stop when diving greater than 80’
Just pretend you had never read that piece of rubbish!
"Pyle stop"?
I used it sometimes for deco dive.

You could probably do something like make the "staircase" profile a little less harsh, by adding more stops, but shorter time at each stop...
By "staircase profile", do you mean a Minimum Gas ascent profile, which is like a graduated ascent?

If so, it involves a 30 second slide over 10 feet followed by a 30 second pause, and repeat from 50% max depth of a max 100 foot/30 m recreational dive.

It can actually look very smooth. Not sure if adding more frequent but shorter stops would be "less harsh".

Wow dude.... just wow. That's some solid advice thnx.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom