Deep6 vs Hogd1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been diving both my Poseidon's and HOGs over the last two years. Lately more of the HOGs. Using D1s with both the classic and zenith 2nds depending on which rig I am using that day. I have never noticed anything that I might call 'wet' breathing on the HOGs. Actually, I probably deliberately let a little water in (clean springs) from time to time when I feel a little parched.

I'm a comfobite guy personally.

Regarding the D1's being wet breathers. If they are older D1's, they may have the older style exhaust port in the casing which is prone to breathing wet. It has been redesigned and Jack should send replacements for free if you are comfortable swapping the parts over and retuning them.

Didn't know free replacements of those was being offered. I'm not having issues, but maybe I'll change them out on my next service. Thanks.

JAX mouldable mouthpiece is miles ahead of the comfo-bit imho. Check it out.

Funny that, I tried the JAX mouth piece and it gave me horrendous headaches. I could not get it to mould properly and it kept squeezing my molars. I have really big teeth and a big mouth, so that's probably the issue.

Personally I use XS Scuba Comfort Mouthpiece all the time.

As for the HOG regs, I have D2s and Zenith Chromes and I feel like they breathe a tad wet, nothing extreme though. I don't mind, even with salt water, they still keep my mouth a little moist which is nice.

Back
Top Bottom