Deep6 Wetsuit Sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Picked up the 3mm this summer. Did the U352 and a week in Truk. Good choice. Long, yes, problem, no, better than being too short. The boots are real nice as well. The gloves I could live without owning, if the water is that warm I run a pair of Mechanix gloves for protection. At $150, completely worth it.

I would take any response other than "do a weight check at your earliest convenience" with a grain of salt.

That being said: a typical steel backplate is 5-6 pounds negative, so your 12lb ballast might go down to say 7lbs. Adding a 3mm wetsuit might add, say, ~3 pounds. If everything else about your setup is the same (especially the tank), then I'd say start with 10lbs, and do a weight check. You should have no trouble sinking from the surface with an empty BC and empty lungs, and no trouble holding a stop with a near-empty tank in the 10-20' range.

thanks. I have the dve rite lite stainless plate. So it’s only 2lbs usable weight.

thanks. I have the dve rite lite stainless plate. So it’s only 2lbs usable weight.

Oh, I misunderstood that part from your earlier post. Yeah in that case, you'll probably end up pretty close to where you started, probably a bit more lead. Assuming same tank, 14 lbs lead is a good start IMHO.

Just got the Black Friday 3mm suit delivered today.
Wow....it is a well-built suit!
Can't wait to try it out...

By the way, I got a small because I'm short (5'5"), hoping that the body would stretch over my chest and waist. I'm at the low end (160 lbs) of the weight range given in the size chart, but my shape is not what the suit is designed for.
But I can zip it up and I think it will be fine.
I can cut off the legs and arms if I want, but I think I'll just "cuff" them, i.e. fold them back.

Got a Large 7mm suit today. @tursiops is right, it is an extremely well made suit. For those of you on the fence about size I am 6", 193lbs, wear a 35x32 pant, and a 42" chest. The large is a snug and good fit for me and the length is right, as is the inseam length. A few pics of the suit for reference are below. As a nice add in Deep6 also sent a bag for the wesuit and threw in a small reel and snap-bolt.

I will try it out this weekend and follow up with in-water performance.

mirror selfie of upper body fit

20191127_230353286_iOS.jpg

length of leg (I have a 32" inseam)
20191127_230430243_iOS.jpg

unboxed with wetsuit, bag and reel

20191127_225909176_iOS.jpg

picture of the wetsuit inside out. The liner and reinforcement points.
20191127_230807917_iOS.jpg

Got a Large 7mm suit today. @tursiops is right, it is an extremely well made suit. For those of you on the fence about size I am 6", 193lbs, wear a 35x32 pant, and a 42" chest. The large is a snug and good fit for me and the length is right, as is the inseam length. A few pics of the suit for reference are below. As a nice add in Deep6 also sent a bag for the wesuit and threw in a small reel and snap-bolt.
Thank you for the report. That bodes well for fit on me. Due in on Friday ...

I will try it out this weekend and follow up with in-water performance.

mirror selfie of upper body fit

View attachment 552200

length of leg (I have a 32" inseam)
View attachment 552202
unboxed with wetsuit, bag and reel

View attachment 552204

picture of the wetsuit inside out. The liner and reinforcement points.
View attachment 552206
Wait yours came with a bag?

I got my 3 and 7mm suits yesterday. I already knew the fit of the 3 and got the same size in the 7. It is just as well made and all the measurements fit me the same as the 3 but the 7 is a bit more difficult because of an issue I hope I can resolve. If you look at the picture above showing the inside of the 7mm suit there are black reinforcement bands on the arms and leg where the gussets all come together. Those points in the wetsuit do not seem to have any stretch to them. When i put it on I can only pull it so far up my legs and arms. For my legs it is not as big of a deal but I have to hike the arms up a bit like I do on the 3mm so that the cuffs don't sit too far down. When I force this up my arm it is so tight on my forearm it restricts my circulation. @cerich @LandonL any ideas on this? Can these reinforcement points be stretched out without harming the suit?

You can see a bit of what I am talking about in the picture of @loosenit2 leg where at the lower calf seal it looks like this has squeezed his leg in.

Just got the Black Friday 3mm suit delivered today.
Wow....it is a well-built suit!
Can't wait to try it out...

By the way, I got a small because I'm short (5'5"), hoping that the body would stretch over my chest and waist. I'm at the low end (160 lbs) of the weight range given in the size chart, but my shape is not what the suit is designed for.
But I can zip it up and I think it will be fine.
I can cut off the legs and arms if I want, but I think I'll just "cuff" them, i.e. fold them back.
If its tight give it a few dives. Mine seemed to loosen a bit and find my body shape after a few. I wear a small too at 5'7 155lbs.

If its tight give it a few dives. Mine seemed to loosen a bit and find my body shape after a few. I wear a small too at 5'7 155lbs.
Yeah, that's what I was figuring. Unfortunately, it will be April before I'm back in 3mm-type water. 5mm and 7mm until then....

I have really been thinking of a 5mm but with this I am considering the 7 now.

I am 6'6"A 220 with a 36 "Ib waist. Am I between sizes? I am leaning to the XL but wondering if I need to go for the xxl for length the flexibility.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom