deepoutdoors vis oms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almog

Registered
Reaction score
hello all

im reading this forum for along time. this is my first time i'm writing , soory for the gremmer mistakes.
i'm TDI ER Iinstructr. most of my tech dive are open water deep diveing but i.m looking fowerd Wreak diving in bikini.
i have a halcyon 55 and i dont like it at all.
im thinking of replacing it for outdoors matrix or the oms bc.
recommendations. sugestion will be highly apriceate
felix

I once dove the Halcyon Pioneers and was no more impressed than my OMS rig. I dive:

OMS IQ, OMS Single Bladder Bungee Wing, OMS SS BP, OMS No- Sag Pockets, OMS Eaxn Computer and love it.

a Dive Rite Transpac II. It is a soft pack harness with wings available from 30 pounds lift all the way up to 85 pounds.

I just got my DO matrix, but have yet to dive it. It seems to be a very high quality and solid peace. I really like the removable stainless steel back plate. It will sure be nice for local diving, but since it is removable, it will also be great when i pack for my honeymoon on Bonaire and Curacao this summer. I can't wait to try it out.

I have the Matrix and have dove it for 20 dives now. One ocean dive, the rest inland salt water. I think it is a very well made piece of equipment. The best thing is that when you are ready to go DIR you won't have to buy a backplate. You will already own it. Deep Outdoors has great customer service as well. I had a problem with my weight pouches and they sent out replacements ASAP. I know they are a new company but I still highly recommend them.

almog once bubbled...
hello all

im reading this forum for along time. this is my first time i'm writing , soory for the gremmer mistakes.
i'm TDI ER Iinstructr. most of my tech dive are open water deep diveing but i.m looking fowerd Wreak diving in bikini.
i have a halcyon 55 and i dont like it at all.
im thinking of replacing it for outdoors matrix or the oms bc.
recommendations. sugestion will be highly apriceate
felix

Just out of curiosity what didnt you like about the halcyon? Im assuming that you are using the halcyon 55lb wing with doubles and not with a single tank.

It just wasn’t comfortable!!
Most of my tek dives are tek courses in the red sea. I’m not dir diver and I don’t agree with a lot of their philosophies. So I used a duel 55 bladder configuration, For the ER and tri mix dives. I use 7 mm wet suit which is very compressible, so I really don’t want to rely on a single bladder but for Dir divers this of course sounds nonsense. (why not DIR this is deferent story) any way the halcyon is just not comfortable. To put it on in a small boat, to adjust every time with different wet suites (summer 28 C/ winter 20 C), the Drug is not as small as it presented.( when you riding DPV you don’t fill it but fitting a current at Ras Muhammd is totally different story etc.
May be when you cave diving then its a good set. But for my opinion and for me personally it’s not working well, and at 55 m with 4 students I don’t want to be busy whit my gear I need my Attention to be with them. Believe me its not easy to replace a 700$ BC.

you where very helpfull

I'm diving the OMS IQ Pack with an alu back plate, STA, and no sag weight pockets. I tried the Transpac and a Halycyon and didn't like the fit of either one. The OMS is the easiest and most comfortable of the 3 that I tried.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom