Deerfield beach pier cleanup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I plan on going. :) I signed up but didn't have to pay anything. Not staying for the record thing. That's just a marketing stunt, lol.

@seeker242

we’ll have to catch up before hand. You going to do the night dive Friday night?

Haven’t heard of any night dive. You mean at the pier? I heard talk of that last year and I think some people did it last year but also remember people saying that it was illegal, lol

Edit: just saw on Facebook that’s it’s a shop sanctioned night dive. Yes definitely going! We should meet up :)

Last edited:
I think my daughter has a good chance of being the youngest participant for the event. She turned 12 on the 7th, certified immediately after and we did the pier/guinness the next weekend.

The clean up wasn't bad, nice water, no real reef to mess up. When you get towards the end of the pier the life etc gets more interesting. And what rocks etc probably benefitted quite a bit from all the lead and line we pulled.

The attempt was a success, and was boring. Submerge, grab the line, hold hands for half an hour, swim back to the beach.

Imagine 10 preschoolers fighting over a bag of cheerios and you're imagining better origination than they had there. It was a success in spite of,not because of the

But mg 12 yeAR old got cerified and a guinness record for her 12th,not a bad day :)

@Nathan Doty that is awesome! I was there for the cleanup but didn’t partake in the chain. Had car issues and dove somewhere after. Did you guys receive any certificate or are names listed somewhere?

That is a wonderful b-day to start her underwater voyage for sure!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom