Definitely Check Out Scuba Mau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemoreworkless

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
As experienced divers who have been to Cozumel many times and dove with several dive operators on the island through the years, we just wanted to sing our praises about the new kid in town, Scuba Mau! Scuba Mau owners and managers, Mauricio and Opal, have successfully combined their years of dive experience and knowledge of the island, with professionalism, enthusiasm - Opal is always smiling and upbeat! - and just plain, great service!

We started out our dive vacation from April 9-16 diving with another dive operator in town but once we found out about Scuba Mau, we finished our week out diving with them and wished we had dove with them the entire week. We will definitely be back.

Little things: A phone call from Opal in the morning to our hotel room to verify that we were indeed diving one day since high winds only permitted larger boats to leave the harbor; easy shore dive access at Villa Blanca - our tanks were taken over beforehand for us to dive with the offer to just leave them at the curb when we were finished; boat diving aboard the boat Anita included a brief but thorough dive profile prior with important safety info (our emergency radio frequency and our boat name was given to us) pertaining to the dive from our wonderful divemaster Mau himself, and lunch was delicious; underwater divemaster who points out various reef life, creatures and checks in with you frequently during the dive and does not disappear during the dive or exit the water and get on the boat long before you do leisurely chatting with the captain when you surface - we have had actually this happen to us in Cozumel by another divemaster at another dive op - food is close by after diving at Hog Cafe, Villa Blanca Hotel or Ernestos just south down the street; and most of all, friendly, fun, knowledgeable staff who really love their work and want to take care of you!

When diving with Scuba Mau you feel like long-time friends or family (if you like your family), and you will be glad you spent time with them, above and below the water. Check out Scuba Mau Cozumel Dive Shop for more info.

does not disappear during the dive or exit the water and get on the boat long before you do leisurely chatting with the captain when you surface - we have had actually this happen to us in Cozumel by another divemaster at another dive op -

Heck, I would pay extra to get to dive Cozumel and have the DM disappear so I could take all the time I want to prod around on my own very slowly and dive to my air and no-deco limits. Please tell us where we can get that level of service!:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom