Delta has added two Thursday flights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snoweman

Untroubled Troll
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
And when I say two, I don't mean two a day. It added a Thursday flight for 12/21 and 12/28. Those are the only two Thursday flights I can find this winter.

Yes. I should have stated that piece of information.

These are the same flights that you earlier thought had been discontinued. They've been in Delta's system for a while now but nobody seems to know about it because by default they look for weekend flights to Bonaire out of habit. This year Delta is operating Tuesday and Thursday flights from ATL to BON between 12/21 and 01/04. Not much of a high season window if you ask me, especially considering the lack of effort they've made at marketing them. These seasonal flights will pretty much be gone before anyone realizes they were there in the first place. IMHO it's kind of hard to generate sustainable revenue demand that way.

These are the same flights that you earlier thought had been discontinued. They've been in Delta's system for a while now but nobody seems to know about it because by default they look for weekend flights to Bonaire out of habit. This year Delta is operating Tuesday and Thursday flights from ATL to BON between 12/21 and 01/04. Not much of a high season window if you ask me, especially considering the lack of effort they've made at marketing them. These seasonal flights will pretty much be gone before anyone realizes they were there in the first place. IMHO it's kind of hard to generate sustainable revenue demand that way.

I disagree. The flights a couple of years ago ran through February, perhaps March. I remember it because I was trying to get a guys' trip together, but couldn't get the other partners in crime to agree to dates. These may have been around a while (as they are at least half full), but it's the first I have seen them. I don't see any Tuesday flights on Delta's flexible calendar, though.

I definitely concur about their lack of marketing. Their normal fare structure seems to missing, too (some low fares - $500, more medium fares - $700 - $800, and then their "you waited too long fares").

I think all of the airlines throw some additional flights in around the holiday window. It would be cool to look at the last non-weekend flight here and with return the following weekend for a long trip and to see how that works out. Since that flight is not carrying next week's returnees maybe it is better priced. I have done the holiday week here before and probably won't again as it's too expensive and busy. That said, there are no bad times here!

I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with. When Delta launched these winter midweek flights in Dec 2015 they ran them for a similar holiday time period (12/16 to 01/05), then discontinued them briefly until 02/13, and then resumed them again through March. Last winter they ran them again, but only for the 3 week Christmas and New Year holiday period. This year they appear to be doing the same.

FWIW we've flown Delta to Bonaire for Christmas every year since 2009 and have flew the mid-week flights in both 2015 and 2016. During both years they were noticeably less expensive than the weekend flights, which is why I've kept an eye on them.

Back
Top Bottom