Delta just cancelled my flight from Atlanta in May - Arrrrrgghhh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's not all sargassum

Well…that’s a little awkward.

It also looks like Delta is going to suspend their Saturday flights after MayJune. Or maybe they just don’t have them scheduled. Or maybe my late night searches were incorrect.

This is disappointing if it’s true.

Well…that’s a little awkward.

It also looks like Delta is going to suspend their Saturday flights after MayJune. Or maybe they just don’t have them scheduled. Or maybe my late night searches were incorrect.

This is disappointing if it’s true.
Delta dropped all flights to Cozumel during the pandemic and just recently re-instated them. Even if the load factor was good it is really a question of yield. Industry wide there was a shortage of aircraft, before Boeing fell on its face. They may have decided the aircraft can produce a better yield on a different route.

OP - turning a canceled flight into an extended 2 week vacation is the best solution I've ever heard to this problem! Good job not caving to their attempts to get more money out of you. The Sat NS flights were likely always more expensive so you did really well.

WTH Delta. Delta has canceled our Saturday to Saturday ATL to CZM flight in August without notifying us. Had I not been following this thread I would not have known. Just went to check and sure enough it’s cancelled. Grrrr

Same here for November. Would not have known if I didn’t see this.
I’m holding out hope that it will be reinstated. Did you rebook or speak to a Delta rep?

Yeah, I don’t think Delta is terribly committed to the Caribbean. The last time they bugged out of CZM they were making a push toward European routes. I think that’s still their emphasis at least according to the advertising in my inbox. They also seem to equate CUN with CZM. I ran into that a few times before their last pullout.

They messed up my spring CZM trip now they’re starting on my Belize dates in June. I realize there are gripes about all airlines depending on itinerary, but I thought I would give Delta a try again. It’s not working out for me. YMMV

I’m really an “it’s about the journey” guy once I’m traveling because there’s a lot you can’t control so you might as well “be happy,” but before the trip starts…not so much. 😎 I am a firm believer in “voting with my fins” as long as I’m not “cutting off my nose to spite my face”…you know “50,000 foot view.” Okay, I’ve now exceeded my euphemism/metaphor/colloquialism quotient. 😊

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom