Delta just cancelled my flight from Atlanta in May - Arrrrrgghhh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m holding out hope that it will be reinstated. Did you rebook or speak to a Delta rep?
They offered to book us on American, but we’d have to take Delta to Atlanta and then switch to American. They wouldn’t just rebook us on a direct flight to Cancun. We ended up canceling and rebooking another flight into Cancun for less and we’ll just take the ferry over. We filed a complaint and they gave us each 10k miles for our “inconvenience”. FYI - we tried to take care of this via chat but the rep in chat didn’t even know the flight was canceled, we had to call and talk to a supervisor who did confirm it.

Good to know on the inconvenience miles given. Crazy that they couldn’t just rebook you on a direct to Cancun.

I noticed more Delta CZM flights direct from MSP (Minneapolis). I WISH they would route that one through Detroit- but we get 3x CUN flights daily instead. The MSP route for me is about the same travel time as through Atlanta, but the flights are much earlier, so makes for a very long travel day.

I noticed more Delta CZM flights direct from MSP (Minneapolis). I WISH they would route that one through Detroit- but we get 3x CUN flights daily instead. The MSP route for me is about the same travel time as through Atlanta, but the flights are much earlier, so makes for a very long travel day.
The only reason delta has the msp flights is to undercut hometown airline Sun Country.
They match the routes and undercut the price. by over $100.
They will cut the flights or raise the price whenever Sun Country is forced into bankruptcy.

The only reason delta has the msp flights is to undercut hometown airline Sun Country.
They will cut the flights or raise the price whenever Sun Country is forced into bankruptcy.
Those dirty dogs! I am less and less enthused about Delta in the past 12 months. They have made some changes that really rubbed me wrong. And the service, even in front of the plane, has gone down drastically.

Damn capitalist's.

Damn capitalist's.
Sun country just dropped the one way to $130, $10 less than delta.
I like to support hometown business so I picked one up for next week.

Sun country just dropped the one way to $130, $10 less than delta.
I like to support hometown business so I picked one up for next week.
The only problem is the price is well below the cost of production.
The inbound flight tourist tax is around $45. That leaves about $85 to cover the airport landing fees, fuel, labor cost (ground, flight, admin, Maintenance, ect) and wear and tear on the aircraft. It's not sustainable. I feel sorry for Sun Country and wish them luck but most likely they will be ground into dust by a large corporation. Its how American business works across most industries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom