Dema 2003

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be working the ANDI booth on most of Fri and Sat...

I do plan on walking around some of the show..

The doc said I can go! I'll be there for the whole thing.
Hope to catch up with you guys! Should be able meet up with walter at the time he said.

Joe

I would really love to go, but I'm not "professional" enough to meet DEMA criteria. Could someone slip me their ticket when he/she is done and leaves town?

-Klaus

My wife and I just got back from spending the entire day at the show, and what a show it was. This is the first time either of us have been to DEMA and we both had a great time. Lots to see, to many freebees to carry around with you and tons of people. I even ran into a few folks that I haden't seen in years. The only draw back was the traffic getting to and from Miami. What a nightmare, rush hour in both directions. I'm going back tomorrow though just to make sure that I didn't miss anything.

For those of you that didn't get a chance to go I'm posting some pictures on my DIY site I took today. Here's the link.

DEMA 2003

Scott

Walter once bubbled...
It appears several of us will be at DEMA. I'll only be there Friday and Saturday. Let's plan to meet while we're there. Doors open at 10:00 each day. Let's plan to meet at 11:15 at the Navy Experimental Diving Unit booth. Who's interested?

Hey Walter...are you planning on trying to hook up everyday at 11:15 at the Navy Booth???

Spent the afternoon wandering the floor. I really enjoyed seeing and coveting all that great equipment, and places that I'll likely never get to.

I spent some time talking to Patrick Duffy at the Oxycheq booth, said hello to Jarrod at Halcyon, shook hands with Ned Deloach, and met Bernie Chowdhury who wrote The Last Dive at the Immersed display. I even ran into Walter from scubaboard.

One thing that struck me was that the amount of equipment that is either OEM'd by the same asian manufacturer, or it's shameleesly knocked off. I swear I saw Cressi Big-Eyes that didn't say Cressi on them that had a MSRP of half of the Big Eyes. Either way it's taught me that just because it doesn't have a brand name on it doesn't mean it's no good. There's a lot of no name regs out there too that suprised me. Someone must be buying them though as some of the displays were pretty big.

The silliest things I saw? A toss up between the DPV that attaches to the bottom of your tank, and the portable fins that slip into your flip flops. A close second was a pivoting fin that straps to the outside of your leg keeping your feet free - for what they don't explain.

As I can never leave a dive shop without buying something, my wife worried that going to a convention hall full of stuff I would end up trading away the house for new equipment. I told her not to worry as I really didn't need anything new (I rarely do, but that hasn't never stopped me.)

I have been inquiring about O2 analysers lately, and after checking out all the different offerings at the manufacturer's booths, I ended up getting the Amoxtec Analox O2EII. They were selligg them out of their booth for $165 - a deal I couldn't pass up.

I almost bought a new O2 Quikstick for $145, (not to be confused with the UBS O2 Stick who they have split away from :)) but the O2EII unit seems much more substantial and I read some good things about it online.

A great show - well worth the visit.

Marc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom