DEMA 2008 and Force Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blair Mott

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
DEMA 2008 and Force Fins
I have attended DEMA before, but 2008 was my first DEMA representing FORCE FIN. It was exciting to meet Force Fin supporters, and having the opportunity for face-to-face education of the few skeptics, and to meet all the new people to diving who had never heard or seen a Force Fin.

From the first day to the last Force Fin Booth 1432 was buzzing with activity. I had a chance to meet in person and talk Force Fins and diving with Force Fin dealers from around world, and divers with experience from new recreational divers to technical, public safety, film industry and the military, currently using or interested in adding Force Fins to their diving kit.

asia_DEMA1.jpg

Fion Shek and Stephen Au from Diving Adventure Limited in Hong Kong stopped by to chat with Bob Evans at the Force Fin Booth at DEMA 2008. If you are in Hong Kong and need Force Fins look them up!
??,????,???? - ?????
www.divinghk.com

For the next few weeks I will be adding photos to this post showing the
booth, some of our Force Fin dealers, some of Force Fin legends, and some action shots of Bob's famous Flip Test, which is a regular attraction when he joins Force Fins on display.

bebapm_dema.jpg

Barry Anderwartha publisher/editor of Australia's Dive Log and Sport Diver Magazine http://www.divetheblue.net/
and Pete the "NET Doc" of www.scubaboard.com stopped by to chat with Bob Evans of Force Fins at the DEMA.

Besides meeting everyone it was a great chance to show off a few new
products that have been added to the Force Fin product line. The new or off-catalog products we showed at DEMA included:

Force Fin's Deluxe Heel Pad, which is a new option for cushioning nylon heel straps.
New Whisker compositions added to the Force Wing accessory line-up.
The Tan Delta Flying Force Fin and a Retro UDT (Underwater Demolition Team) inspired Force Fin that Bob is making out of the Tan Delta Material.

All of these products will have their own post in our Force Fin forum.

For all of you that made it to the show and stopped by thank you! For
those of you who did not make it, we missed you and hope that this post
will give you an idea of what was happening at DEMA booth 1432, featuring Force Fin.

Bob Evans, ,President of Force FIn and Bob Evans Designs, Inc. is interviewed by Steve Barsky Marine Marketing and Consulting/Steven M. Barsky - Expert in Scuba & Commercial Diving
for the DEMA segment on the The Underwater Channel (UWC) ? Free to Watch Digital TV for the Diving Community about the New Flying Force Fin made in the Tan Delta Material and soon to be available in a new size.
u_h20chanel.jpg

http://www.forcefin.com/Merchant2/m...uct_Code=FY&Category_Code=51&Product_Count=11

hey, I recognize those green fins... I just had them in the water the other day, the move even better than they look. I'll post some pics of them soon, I should shoot a photo with them and my bike that is the same color

hey, I recognize those green fins...

I DON'T recognize the ones hanging around in the background on the end to the right of the beaver tails. Looks like 3 spikes webbed together. Looks like they could be lethal at close range!! :D

What are they and what are they good for?

Hey Bob,
Did you meet with anybody from across the cold pond? In particular, Estonia?
I joined a dive club here in Tallinn and hope to see ForceFins actually be given a chance. The shop owner (Kert) is not opposed to new ideas, but just needs to be given the right information so that he can make informed decisions.

Mike
Your unofficial FF advocate in the not-so-balmy Baltic. :D

Have you seen my post in the accident in the dressing room thread?
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/near-misses-lessons-learned/140626-close-call-dressing-room-30.html
Post # 293

Arno mentioned at the end is Kert's father.

Sibermike7, thanks for your note. I was not around in the booth this year due to AUAS gala. I missed the Estonia group. That spiked fin is a OPS blade. I was showing the frog kicking divers how you can rotate the blade into a curved shape for frog kicking. So you do not have to twist your leg to frog kick, just twist the fin blade. Another smart fin. I Will start to work towards this model coming out soon since the market place has advanced in it's thinking. This fin has over 10 blade designs to choose from, and has been field tested for over 6 years now. Best bob

I really think the Crown Blade needs propper cold water testing.

Uncleavi, after drilling a lot of holes today I think you mean Crown Royal, in the purple little bag. How is Ariel and mommie doing?

Back
Top Bottom