• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Demo Day Events for Everyone from the "Tech Curious" to the Hard Core Techie

Discussion in 'Shows and Events' started by Richard FDC, Dec 11, 2017.

1. victorzamora

victorzamora Solo Diver

I hope you use puns like these in your classes! I can hear the eye-rolls now

2. The Chairman

The Chairman Chairman of the Board

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    My ancestor was Puns deLeon, so you can count on it.

Scuba Cobra, Sh0rtBus, RyanT and 2 others like this.
  3. Richard FDC

Richard FDC Scuba Media & Publications

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    The Ginnie Springs event was a big hit and we're moving on to Blue Water Dive Park in Pelham, Albama on April 7th! Many thanks to "The Chairman" for joining us! The Neutral Buoyancy Clinic was a big hit and your chili serving prowess can't be beat! Buying-reef-safe-at-try-tech-gear-demo-event.jpg Checking-out-reef-safe-at-try-tech-gear-demo-event.jpg

4. Richard FDC

Richard FDC Scuba Media & Publications

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Here are a few more photos from the event Linch-time-try-tech-gear-demo-event.jpg In-the-water-at-Ginnie-try-tech-gear-demo-event.jpg Lots-of-interest-in-reef-safe-at-try-tech-gear-demo-event.jpg Loving-reef-safe-at-try-tech-gear-demo-event.jpg NetDoc-buoyancy-clinic-try-tech-gear-demo-event.jpg Paul-Heinerth-visted-try-tech-gear-demo-event.jpg Scubaboard's-Pete-Murray-serving-lunch-try-tech-gear-demo-evnent.jpg Trying-SF2-CCR-at-try-tech-gear-demo-event.jpg Underwater-light-dude-try-tech-gear-demo-event.jpg

mdb likes this.
  5. The Chairman

This was fun. Glad I went.

6. BertStevens

BertStevens Barracuda

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Do you have a list of other events and locations?

7. JakeJaggies

JakeJaggies Garibaldi

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    A great thanks to Richard from TryTechGear from putting on the Ginnie Springs Demo Day. Thanks also to the sponsors and reps for coming out and making it special (and delicious, Deep Six!!). As a new diver, I especially appreciated Pete Murray's Buoyancy Control Clinic.

TryTechGear DemoDay 01.jpg
    TryTechGear DemoDay 02.jpg TryTechGear DemoDay 03.jpg TryTechGear DemoDay 04.jpg TryTechGear DemoDay 05.jpg TryTechGear DemoDay 06.jpg TryTechGear DemoDay 07.jpg TryTechGear DemoDay 08.jpg TryTechGear DemoDay 09.jpg TryTechGear DemoDay 10.jpg

Richard FDC and Caverns&Taverns like this.
  8. JakeJaggies

JakeJaggies Garibaldi

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Some more pics from the event... TryTechGear DemoDay 11.jpg TryTechGear DemoDay 12.jpg TryTechGear DemoDay 13.jpg TryTechGear DemoDay 14.jpg TryTechGear DemoDay 15.jpg TryTechGear DemoDay 16.jpg TryTechGear DemoDay 17.jpg TryTechGear DemoDay 18.jpg TryTechGear DemoDay 19.jpg TryTechGear DemoDay 20.jpg

Richard FDC and Caverns&Taverns like this.
  9. Caverns&Taverns

Caverns&Taverns Angel Fish

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I had a lot of fun learning how much thought went into the design and fabrication of the gear, plus hearing awesome (and wild) stories from everyone. Thanks to each vendor for the swag and voluminous snacks, and to Chris for the chili and dogs, and advice.

I now have a budget target, and more options in my head.

Big thanks to the Chairman for talking about buoyancy tips, some were simple mental shifts that made a big difference. Looking forward to seeing you at the next event.

Richard FDC and JakeJaggies like this.
  10. The Chairman

Were you the one that kept answering the questions correctly??? That was impressive.

Richard FDC likes this.