Denny MeDermott Divers Den Maryland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

webedivin2000

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
It is with much sorrow and saddness that I announce the loss of a great friend, divemaster, employee and brother-n-law Denny McDermott.
Denny passed doing what he loved doing in one of the two places in the world he'd rather be. For those of you who new Denny he was a man of his convictions and a true diver. He divemastered the ocean dives on the Addie Mae till the vessel was sold. He was and avid spearfisherman and a lobster diver.
The past 14 years Denny fell in love with the Islands of San Salvador and Bonaire and wanted to make them his home.
His interest changed and he took to phototgraphy filling the walls with photos of the carribbean. Just the night before his trip he was profecting a new lighting system for his digatal camera.
Denny you will be missed and never forgotten at Divers Den! You my brother in law were a true friend and I will miss you as we did alot more than others may ever do.
You picked the place and the Dear Lord picked the time. God be with you! I'll see you on my last Dive!

To many Chaz to you Charlieman

larry just told me - sorry to hear it. i only met him once, but he was very nice to me & my baby that day. (baby was crawling around the shop like a tiny maniac...)

my friendship with denny, began in the late 70's , he was divemastering on the addie mae for capt bob , thru the years working at divers den we build a friendship that i would not change anything. I had some great dives with him in bonaire , florida and O.C. , and enjoy swaping dive stories with him , he was more like the brother i never had and i will truly miss him .I too will see you again on my last dive..........................
George

R.I.P. Denny.

It's truly a shame. As Chaz said, at least he was doing what he loved.

For many years I visited Divers Den and enjoyed many conversations with Denny. I had been to his home and we talked a little photography. We talked diving and many other things... and the one thing I knew without a doubt about Denny was that he loved San Salvador Island and he loved diving with his buddy Helmut from Germany.

Denny and his family will be in our prayers... Rest in Peace and God Bless you and your family.

The McDermott family would like to invite friends and family to celebrate the life of our beloved Denny on Saturday, August 15, 2009 at the Portside Pub, 3 Margaret Ave, Essex, MD., from 3 to 7 PM.
Those with photos and stories of remembrance are encouraged to bring them and share.

Last edited:
The Celebration of Life of Denny McDermott had to be changed due to circumstances we cannot control.

The Celebration will takes place Sunday August 16, 2009 from 1 to 5 PM at the Portside Pub.

Sorry for the inconvenience the family hopes you can still join us.

I would like to thank all the divers and friends of Denny who came to celebrate his life with the family and staff of Divers Den. Denny was a dedicated diver and was well know around the caribbean and the diving community of Maryland and Delaware.
Denny left us doing what he loved to do and as I say my last good byes on this forum to him I again want to thank every one for the condolences and prayes we have recieved.
Denny, may you watch over us from the abyss above and I will look for you when I reach that side, I've raised the Red and White to you as you continue on your last dive. You have left our world but you will never be forgetten in the Divers Den community!

God be with you my friend!
Chaz to many, Charlieman to you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom