Departure Tax

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always carry the letter since the gate agents have no clue. We now always go to the "odd baggage" counter to expedite the check in

I am confused about Departure Tax. This is a post on Trip Advisor

Departure tax now included in ticket price - Roatan Forum - TripAdvisor

My United agent says it is not included. Anyone who has recently returned have any information?

Thanks

Cheryl

Looks like you already have your answer. What we were told at the airport (we returned from our most recent trip July 4) is that tickets purchased since the first of the year definitely have the departure tax included.

Man things have changed for the better at the airport (our last visit was March 2014). The immigration area is much better organized than the previous scrums we've experienced. When we arrived they even had lots of women "helpers" wearing vests directing everyone and letting them know about the changes (fingerprinting, etc.)

I was down in June, traveling on UA tickets I'd purchased about 6 months ago. I had to anty up cash to depart.

In the statement that was sent and also available at the airport so that everyone can see it says:

1. As part of its commitment of the development of the international airports in the country and under the agreement signed with the International Air Transport association (IATA); the country exit airport fees for international departures will be incorporated into the total of the airfare.

2. The Incorporation applies for passengers who purchased their ticket after December 19, 2014 and will fly after February 15, 2015.

3. Passengers who purchased their tickets before December 19, 2014, shall carry out the normal formalities of payment and the country’s exit fees at the Lafise Bank, located at international Airports or at any of their branches up to 48 hours in advance.

4. the airport fees for domestic flights will be paid in same manner as always at Bank Lafise in the International Airports, they can also be paid up to 48 hours in advance in any of their branches.

Airports in Honduras reaffirms its commitment in providing the best service to our passengers, contributing to the strengthening of the airport industry and tourism development in Honduras."

That last paragraph is what might be called a "real knee slapper", likely with no literal Spanish translation.

OMG! (as my daughter would say). Please, oh please DO NOT tell my wife that the bag limit is 70 pounds. I do not want to be hauling that much crap on a dive vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom