• I get narced, but I am unaware of it

Votes: 19 17.8%
  • I never, ever get narced

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • 1 meter (for Walter)

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, it's not a "Laughing Jackass" :D

Means= Would you all be ok to try that ? Would surprise me...

LOL

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
Hey maybe we should all switch languages for a day and see what happens. we could have a drawing to see what language we get.
Es ist shoen eine lange zeit gewessen seit dem Ich Deutsch geschreibt habe aber, fur eine tag? Warum nicht! :bang: Ich mag es!

(Does the Tower of Babel mean anything to anyone?) :loopy:

The only other language I know is pig latin!

i had to click in on I get narced, but I am unaware of it beacuse i always am :) on the surface or below i am always like this . i even have a t-shirt from A/O that says i have nitrogen narcosis whats your excuse with a twisted frog on it , lol thats me on just about any day of the week :)
but on the more serious side it happens to me at about 105 almost everytime a short accent and it dissapeates

Walter once bubbled...
Seriously, we are all victims of nitrogen narcosis as we descend on either air or nitrox

Ok. Spent the weekend fairly deep [100+]. Now that I actually was thinking about it...

1) Yes. I get narced.

2) Narcosis is a circular phenomenon.... the more you think about it, the more narced you get.

On one dive I kept looking over my shoulder looking for the Scuba-police to come give me a DUI ticket!

If you payed attention during your open water class, you would know that at below 80 fsw, or 27 msw, you are are "narc'd". You may not know it and you may not realize it ever, but you are. It doesn't matter if you are on air or Nitrox, you are narc'd. If you are on a trimix, maybe not.

WreckWriter once bubbled...
You should have asked "at what depth do you FEEL narced". Everyone is measurably narced at something shallower than about 100 feet. The difference is in when we notice it. Myself, I feel it start at about 150, good and stoned at about 180. I know though, that I'm measurably impaired well shallower than that.

Since the experiences in my trimix class (it's sweet when 260 feels like 100), I doubt I'll ever dive air below 130 or so again.

Tom

I have the same symptoms as Tom!! It's funny how becoming trimix certified one's eyes are opened!! :wink:

Len

I tend to notice I'm narced around a 100' on some dives, some dives I feel fine (although I may be just as impaired).

Anyone read the book "Submerged" about NPS/SCRU guys diving real deep on air (over 150'-300') for years and years, they were admmitedly narced but, never had a accident (they did do deco on pure O2), but, it's still ipmressive how some people can really handle DUI (diving under the influence), I think managing narcosis starts with realizing that you're "messed" up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom