der skuba bord: nothng personal.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemistress

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello divemistress it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our over 200 forums. A few popular destinations include our Basic Scuba forums, our Off-Topic and our Scuba Clubs which now number over two dozen.

i am sory i am not postng as much as i ust to. i wuld like 2. but i kant. and it sort uf hurtz my feelings when u skold me like this becauze its not my fault.

see, i tore a ligament on my lft hand awhile ago. (clean off the bone, the doc says.) i had surjery a month ago. although i m vry tuff, it hurtz A LOT, especially when i type.

the doc said i could type, but i can't in my new kast. (its baby blu & very tite.) i could type a little in my second cast, theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pink one, but the pinz in my wrist got ininfectted so we had 2 take it off and clean the wound.

maybe i will get this kast off before xmas, maybe not. but i still may not be able to type for awhiule bekause my hand is very week: yesterdday i tried to pick up a 2 lb box of sugar and could not do it.

it is very hard not being able to dive. it is hard not being able to post. pleeze don't be mad at me to.

thnk u.

dm

DM...please don't have your feeling hurt! The message definately was not meant to be taken as a scolding, just a reminder for those folks who sometimes get out of the habit of logging onto the board on a regulat basis.

I'm sorry for your troubles. Maybe there IS something in the water on Scubaboard, we've got quite a few wounded members recovering from various injuries. Hope you heal quickly. Come back to the board when you can.

Dee:
we've got quite a few wounded members recovering from various injuries
Thankfully i am no longer hindered from diving, but i do know there is a long injury list of SB members who are crock - you are in good company :wink:

This makes how many complaints about that message?

Have you guys considered disabling it? Who is it really supposed to help? It just seems to annoy the people that get it. I understand about the business and post counts and all that, but this seesm totally unnecessary.

Hey Dive Mistress...

We'll be praying for a complete recovery! Take care of yourself and we hope to see you here soon! BTW, no one is mad... just worried for you!

Jonnythan... how many times have you received this message? I really don't recall hearing any complaints about it. Do you have a link?

The message appears when people haven't posted for several weeks (I just changed it to 4 weeks). When I have a moment I will revise the text to insure it is less forceful and more of a reminder. The point is of course to encourage people to participate actively in the community asking questions, answering them or just commenting. There is nothing wrong with lurking but as with all communities we work best when people are actively engaged bring new content and fostering discussion rather then merely being passive. Of course annoying users is one of the last things we want to do which is why we have modified several systems (including this one) at the request of users like you.

Like I said, the message display now defaults to 31 days which should make it a non issue. In my opinion, the value of having people engaged in the site is well worth 3 or 4 posts about not liking the message and of course we will continue to work to make sure as few people are negatively effected as possible.

Tech Admin:
Like I said, the message display now defaults to 31 days which should make it a non issue. In my opinion, the value of having people engaged in the site is well worth 3 or 4 posts about not liking the message and of course we will continue to work to make sure as few people are negatively effected as possible.
A couple of months ago I was rifling through membership photos and noticed that some had been gone for a very long time, so I PM'd a few and two answered me.
I was not aware of a bot-generated message until today. How many people a month are absent from the board for a long while? I guess not a good question, I only wrote to the ones who had not signed on at all, I guess the computer generated message is for everyone who doesn't post.
Anyway, for the folks who aren't even lurking, is there a way to know how many there are? If there are few enough who haven't signed on for say two months, it shouldn't be too difficult to send a personal message to ask how they are and where they've been; maybe ask if there's anything the board could offer to keep their interest up so that they continue to look in on us.
The two responses I got were from people who had just become busy, moved and new job and hadn't settled to a routine yet.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom