Desperate for Carbon 42 regulator service in Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can also try Norbert at AquaSub
I know they are a pretty big Mares dealer/service center:

aquasubscuba dot com

i have the carbon 42 with carbon octo had them serviced at my LDS they came back good as new, the shop is not a mares lab shop but are a mares dealer. there tech has since then been thru the mares servicing class but still not listed as a mares lab shop on the mares site.

The Carbon 42 regulator seems to be a real bear to get tuned properly. Neither my local dive shop nor dealer I bought from can get it tuned. Both shops say the regulator is very tempermental to tune. Subsequently ownership has become a nightmare for me. Is there a factory facility that I can send to ? Canada preferred, but if I have to ship to Italy, so be it. I just want the thing to work properly, I'm not a happy customer and very dissappointed.
What speciffically can't you "tune"?

Z

i have the carbon 42 with carbon octo had them serviced at my LDS they came back good as new, the shop is not a mares lab shop but are a mares dealer. there tech has since then been thru the mares servicing class but still not listed as a mares lab shop on the mares site.

C5, What is the name of your LDS? If they have been through our lab program, we should list them on our website. I appreciate you letting me know, either here or in a PM.

Thanks,

Zak

Good news, after two rebuilds it finally works perfectly. Easy breathing at any depth, no air leaks from second stage and no more noise on surface during exhalation (as long as the second stage is wet). It's never operated so well, and I now believe my local shop, when he says that the selling dealer didn't know what he was doing.

I never thought I'd see this regulator work so well, I'd given up hope.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom