Detroit Area????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a wuss when it comes to th cold.....not that I CAN'T do it, I just prefer not to! I'm gong to really miss those 81* sea temps! The coldest I've ever dove was 58* and that was in a 5/4mm, an I was quite chilled.

Anyways....I really don't think I'm going to be able to make it out this weekend diving, being in a new area and all with as much stress as I have rght now, it may not be the best and safest time to try diving a whole new type of environment.

Are there any gatherings/meet and greets this weekend?

Jeff

The MLDA event was moved from the 20th to the 27th. You should have gotten a facebook message on that. There may be a group who dives next saturday. Shallow charter.

Yes.....I got the Facebook message, and I'm planning on being there on the 27th....look forward to meeting you all.

Well, come on up on the 27th, it should be a good time, remember it's a pot luck & give us an idea how many are coming so we have enough meat. we'll be doing a river dive too, that's a good spot for pretty much all levels as the area has some slack current spots, along with a little wreck.

Well, it will be just me! Also, please let me know what is needed, as I don't have the facilities to cook anything just yet.

September 19th there are a couple of project AWARE cleanups being planned on the other side of the river. One in Port Lambton (cross the ferry at Marine City and then head south for about 3-5 miles ... I almost went with KM's then realized which forum I was in), and one in Sarnia. I will be at the one in Port Lambton - start time is going to be around 10 am and we'll be active until about 2 pm. Water temp has been consistent at 66 degrees for the last couple of weeks.

A group of us (including OP) are diving out of Pt. Sanilac on Saturday morning. There is some room on the boat. PM me if interested.

September is the new August.

Bus

If it's the 8am trip on the Great Lakes Diver......I'm already booked and I'll see you Saturday! Confirmed my spot yesterday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom