Detroit area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivePartner1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I expect to be in the Detroit area over the next few months on business and wonder what the dive options are?

I do the Delaware coast of the Atlantic so low viz, a little coolness and a bouncy boat ride aren't deal killers.

DivePartner1:
I expect to be in the Detroit area over the next few months on business and wonder what the dive options are?

I do the Delaware coast of the Atlantic so low viz, a little coolness and a bouncy boat ride aren't deal killers.
Where in Detroit? I may be able to help you out while in town.
There are several local waterholes, plus some wreck diving in the Great Lakes (Lake Huron--Lexington, Sanillac, Harbor Beach, Grindstone), or a river dive on the St. Clair.

brandon

BCS:
Where in Detroit? I may be able to help you out while in town.
There are several local waterholes, plus some wreck diving in the Great Lakes (Lake Huron--Lexington, Sanillac, Harbor Beach, Grindstone), or a river dive on the St. Clair.

brandon

plus Tobermory, Ont. and the Straits of Mackinac if you are up to driving 4 or 5 hours. And of course the famous quarries of Ohio.

The opportunities are numerous as we are in a fairly central place. If you are going to be here for a few months you'll may have the opportunity to check out several locations. You can get to Sanilac / Lexington in 1.5 to 2 hours. The river in much less time. Southern Lake Michigan in 4 or 5. Straits of Makinaw in 5. Tobermory, ONT in 6 or 7. and more.

Paula

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom