Detuning abyss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

........no, why would you want to detune it, may I ask? ( I dive the Mares MR16 Voltrex, as well as the Poseidon Odin...and the Voltrex, especially the 2nd stage, is identical to the Abyss 2nd-stage).

I assume you are having a free-flow problem....I've never had a free-flow with my Voltrex, so perhaps the solution is simply a proper 'annual' at the local dive shop?

Karl

well yes i have had some issues with it free flowing and as i`m a begginer diver it would be easier if it didn`t free flow all the time.

Have you controlled the intermediate pressure of your Abyss?

I had some problems with freeflowing tendency on my Abyss a couple of years ago. It turned out the guy doing the service had turned the IP up to 11,5 bar. He's defence was that the regulator breaths easier with higher IP.

Since high IP increases the chance of a freeflow and wear on the regulator I tuned it down to about 9,6 bar and thats works fine for me down max 50m (on air).

I detuned mine to 140, and now it is a much better breather. You can go rreally deep without it throwing the air into your mouth as it does when new....
I dive warm, and almost everyone I know that has it, has detuned it...

Back
Top Bottom