Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Mar. 25, Dallas (site TBD)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan:
Hey Dee....are you and Beast going to try to come up that weekend? You have a standing invitation, y'know! :)

Well, I thought we were after all but something else got in the way. Ya'll have a good one!

I had to stay at home today instead of going to DFW area for the party (family priority came up.) Donald will be coming home after the tournament. Sorry folks, I guess you've been "Fooed". See you at the watering hole soon.

Ken, check your pm.

I did, Foo. I'm sorry you can't come. Looks like it will be a very modest crowd tonight. We may not get to keep the party room, but we can still have fun.

Yall will have a blast. I expect a full report. I dare say that the modest crowd will become immodest, and there will be some good pics with which to unmecifully tease someone. Ol' Scubadanceguy certainly knows what I mean. I am planning a trip to CSSP very soon, though. It's time. As soon as I can get a few fires put out. Will post here when I schedule a dive.

ScubaTexan:
I did, Foo. I'm sorry you can't come. Looks like it will be a very modest crowd tonight. We may not get to keep the party room, but we can still have fun.

The very modest crowd I was expecting turned out to be extremely modest, as only eight out of a projected 20 showed up. Because of the turnout (or lack thereof), we were moved out into the main dining area, but we still had a lot of fun. Including me, there were Emily (mle_osu) and her friend, Melanie, Kevin and Sheila (TruckDiver and smonster), Mike (sealskin), and last but not least, Luke and Sherry (Lukiedukie and firegoddess). Emily brought her pictures from Cozumel, which were outstanding. Sherry is ready to complete her open water this summer, so it should be a lot of fun getting to dive with her. I encourage everyone to welcome her with open arms when she finally gets her certification. Sheila's PT Cruiser is da bomb (I wonder who really got to drive home in it -- LOL), and Mike finally got to ride in my new scubamobile. I think he was impressed. Wish we could have had more there, but you can't win 'em all. We had a blast, all the same!

I kept thinking I would try and show up. We ended up getting out of the shop at 7:35 last night. As a shop owner you hope for good winters but I never dreamed it would be like this! We have been "swamped" and have been working 12 hours days lately. I do that in June, July and August! But MARCH!!!!! It's great, but taxing my socal schedule. I am headed out to CSSP today for 2 dives with a private student. Looking forward to getting in the drysuit and enjoying the quiet time underwater.

NarcedOut:
Sounds like a jam!!!!! I'll try to get with TruckDiver and see what's up.
Uh-huh, sure ya will.................:1poke: :bash: :wazzup:

Daylonious:
What time is the "gang" getting there? I was going to pop in around 5? 5:30?

I got there at 10 til 5 and Emily and Melanie showed up about 2 minutes later...

Well, I got there about 6:30 and asked the hostess if there were any "Scuba People" or "Texas Swamp Divers" having a meeting and was greeted by your typical "duh" 18-y.o. vacuous stare.

She vaguely pointed to the "party room" and I even went so far as to draw her a little dive flag and questioned her closely regarding any patrons sporting it's likeness - all to no avail.

I did a quick search, but couldn't find anyone I recognized (not that I'm the best at remembering people to begin with) -

SOO.. I had a beer in the bar and left about 7.

<sigh> Oh well, maybe next time...

D.

On a BRIGHTER note, on Saturday I finally took the plunge and plunked down my hard-earned cash for my Divemaster and Emergency First Responder classes. SOOO, it looks like I will be a profeshunal diver type person in a few months. I'm excited about the class (just not too excited about the swim tests, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it)

Back
Top Bottom