Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Mar. 25, Dallas (site TBD)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daylonious:
Well, I got there about 6:30 and asked the hostess if there were any "Scuba People" or "Texas Swamp Divers" having a meeting and was greeted by your typical "duh" 18-y.o. vacuous stare.

She vaguely pointed to the "party room" and I even went so far as to draw her a little dive flag and questioned her closely regarding any patrons sporting it's likeness - all to no avail.

I did a quick search, but couldn't find anyone I recognized (not that I'm the best at remembering people to begin with) -

SOO.. I had a beer in the bar and left about 7.

<sigh> Oh well, maybe next time...

D.

On a BRIGHTER note, on Saturday I finally took the plunge and plunked down my hard-earned cash for my Divemaster and Emergency First Responder classes. SOOO, it looks like I will be a profeshunal diver type person in a few months. I'm excited about the class (just not too excited about the swim tests, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it)

That is great on your courses,,great training. So who are you doing your programs with?? :)

Sorry we missed you guys - we had an issue late in the day. We'll catch up with everyone on the next event. BTW - good luch, Daylon, on your DM cert. Help, I'm drowning!

Daylonious:
Well, I got there about 6:30 and asked the hostess if there were any "Scuba People" or "Texas Swamp Divers" having a meeting and was greeted by your typical "duh" 18-y.o. vacuous stare.

She vaguely pointed to the "party room" and I even went so far as to draw her a little dive flag and questioned her closely regarding any patrons sporting it's likeness - all to no avail.

I did a quick search, but couldn't find anyone I recognized (not that I'm the best at remembering people to begin with) -

SOO.. I had a beer in the bar and left about 7.

Sorry, dude....I kept looking around for you (and anyone else), but I never did see you come in or leave. By 7, you should have seen us (we were up against the wall on the east side of the main dining area).

I'm doing my DM/EFR training with International Scuba in Carrollton - my ultimate goal is to be a technical divemaster with my trimix and extended range certs. Somewhere in there I'd like to do wreck penetration...

Scubabum - no problem, I can handle this. Just put your mask on your forehead and pull an emergency warhammer ascent. I'd..um.. recommend other divers in the area not to come up directly UNDER him during this delicate manuever..

Other interesting news, it's my birthday on Thursday (March 30) -

SOOO when's the NEXT happy hour? ;-)

D.

Congrats on the next step Daylon. International Scuba is a great shop for training! Good luck and have fun!

Back
Top Bottom