DFW shop closes its doors.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a sad day in diving history, I really like that little shop.

Have done business with Tucker's for years. Bill was always a pleasure to be around and ran a top notch shop.

I made one or two, Dive Club meetings in the past couple of years with a dive buddy of mine and had a good time swapping dive stories and sharing pictures with all.

Bruce has always done well by me giving me the best deals possible, he's really a great guy, I wish him, Lorrie (sp?), and all involved all the best.

I guess this may be the thing that breaks the camels back and makes me get my equipment maintenance certification.

Let's keep this on topic and knock off the personal jabs at each other, please. It is an unfortunate situation and we do not need to be adding to the problem by sniping at one another. Capisce?

ScubaTexan:
Let's keep this on topic and knock off the personal jabs at each other, please. It is an unfortunate situation and we do not need to be adding to the problem by sniping at one another. Capisce?

I'm not seeing anyone jab at eachother and I don't see anything in this thread offensive either, its a discussio board people are discussing I don't see anyone threatening anyone else, please don't start putting your censorship down in here and censoring a perfectly normal discussion, everyone is calm and no one is offended so take a deep breath and chill out, relax, go with the flow.

EDIT: I guess I missed some action on this thread, I retract my above statement.

Sorry to hear the news...I have known Bill and Francie for almost 30years ever since I have been diving...I knew they had sold the shop but I had lost touch with them since I had moved to San Marcos....We went on several trips together, one of the most memorable was Fiji he brought along his daughter Tracy and we had a great time only time I ever saw Bill in a skirt :D ....

Debra if you see Bill or Francie also please let them know Tom Hurst died a few weeks ago. They may already know I just found out this past Sunday. Tom was the one who got me into diving in the 70's.

Peace
Ann

parrotheaddiver:
Debra if you see Bill or Francie also please let them know Tom Hurst died a few weeks ago. They may already know I just found out this past Sunday. Tom was the one who got me into diving in the 70's.
Peace
Ann

I sure will Ann. I will probably see them in the next day or two.

I buy almost all my gear from my favorite shop, where I became a dive master. Before them, I gave all my business to the shop where I got my open water. I pay more that internet prices, but when there's a problem, they take care of it, no questions asked, no hassle. Plus unlimited amounts of advice, free air and total support and encouragement for my interest in diving, and connections and access to other divers. I'm not rich, either, but for me the loyalty to my favorite dive shop pays dividends.

The internet merchants can't do that. They may have a good exchange policy, but there is no comparison.

I can only imagine how dive shops feel about the cheap *** divers who come in, pick their brains, window shop, haggle over the price of an airfill, and then go buy all their gear on line just because it is cheaper. They remind me of all the people who call my law office and the first think out of their mouth, without even so much as a hello or how are you, is "do you give free intial consultations?" Yes, I do, but I feel like hanging up the phone when that is how they greet me.

If the local dive shops start to disappear because of the internet, where will we get our air fills? Where will we see the latest toys in person? Where will we take our classes? Divers, support your dive shop!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom