DGE Canister Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like a good deal but do you need a can light? I have been using the 500lm version of this light since it came out and the light is on par with any can light my buddies use DRIS Dive Gear 1000 Lumen Dive Light | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL. You could also use the shorty as in wreck diving you don't need a whole lot of burn timeDRIS Dive Gear 1k Shorty Dive Light - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL. If I was going to purchase a can light at this time it would be thisDive Light Karik K5000L Scuba Diving Canister Dive Light Karik Dive Lights

---------- Post added January 26th, 2013 at 04:31 PM ----------

I forgot to mention a handle for the DRIS lights. See a few threads down from this, I received mine today and it is really a great handle.

I agree with Aqua-Andy. My friend has the same DGE can light you posted. The one he has I believe is a re-branded Dive Rite although it looks like they're made by Light Monkey now.

It's a great entry level can light however the DRIS 1000 lumens light is brighter. For the price, along with a goodman handle, it's hard to beat this light.

It's on par or better with most entry level can lights. Beyond the entry level/500USD price point, can lights would become a better option.

If you're on a budget I'd take a look at this one. MORPH 1000- CORE LIGHT SYSTEM
I had the chance to see one and go over it this past weekend. Interchangeable light heads, ability to run two heads, sidemount and video options, along with a back up that the light heads on the cannister will interchange with. 1000 lumens LED, a light sock for the hand or the new goodman handle that 00Wabbit here on the board came up with fits nicely. The head is only an inch and a half in diameter. 3 power settings as well as a strobe, flash, and SOS mode.

Best part is the MAP on the core system is 450.00 with charger. Each back up 135.00 with charger. Cave or wreck light set up with primary and two back ups would then be possible for under 750.00. And again the heads interchange between the core cannister system and the back ups.

I have one of the back ups now that I'm comparing with my current ones. So far I'm liking the Morph for most applications over my current Dorcy 220's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom