DGX Deep 6 compared to Deep 6 Signature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The difference in WOB between most current regs ia a subtle factor but tangible difference. More important to me is the way gas is delivered- how does it “feel” and in this regard there are some significant difference between balanced/unbalanced valves as well as downstream vs servo actuated valves.
Other factors are are probably more important again include how wet the reg breathes, I hate a wet reg as much as a leaking mask. Exhaust bubbles that seem to vent in front of the mask in anything other than a perfect horizontal trim are annoying and also the way the reg sits in your mouth- comfort!
Most important is having confidence that the design, manufacturing and materials of the reg result in absolute reliability and therefore safety- this is a maybe a psychological factor more than anything else but important nonetheless.
As has been said many times on this forum- there is no substitute for trying different regs and having good product support.

@TooManyHobbies

Well, work of breathing is really a comfort thing mostly, any added benefit to time is likely negligible. Any regulator that breathes so bad it exerts you, needs to be adjusted as the cracking pressure is too high.

Just a minor note of correction, the service interval is double, not half, but for the most part many regulators don't require service at the exact intervals really.

The differences have been covered here quite a lot from the features standpoint, and there is a blurb on the DGX website as well. They are both great regs, each with different features, hopefully one of them will fit your need if you are on the search :)

If you need any further help I am always available.

Sorry, I meant half the requirement, so it will need half as many services over its lifetime. I can see where my verbieage could overcomplicate things.

I did a quick search in the support tickets but did not see one with your name on it. You can PM here with more information, I would be happy to help.

I will send you a message that includes the ticket number. Thanks for reaching out.

Other factors are are probably more important again include how wet the reg breathes, I hate a wet reg as much as a leaking mask.
I agree! I changed out my titanium Oceanic set for the Deep6 Signature....heaven! Now I can actually choose the position I want in the water, especially for looking under ledges and for photography.

I agree! I changed out my titanium Oceanic set for the Deep6 Signature....heaven! Now I can actually choose the position I want in the water, especially for looking under ledges and for photography.

Interesting. I've found my Signature occassionaly breathes, not wet, but humid(?) in certain positions. I actually really like it because I get bad dry mouth during my dives.

Interesting. I've found my Signature occassionaly breathes, not wet, but humid(?) in certain positions. I actually really like it because I get bad dry mouth during my dives.
I use an Apollo Bio-Filter to avoid dry mouth.

The service interval of the Signature is half that of the DGX, not much debate there. Also, the materials are higher quality, which is something I'm sure @LandonL will be able to explain better than I, so the regulator will last longer.
the DGX service interval is 4 years? Wow... I didn't know that.

I think there absolutly could be some debate there , but hey, what would I know?

I think we can take it that service “frequency” rather than “interval” is what was meant.

Certainly not math. :)
Chris is correct. If the interval between services for the Signature is 2 years then double the interval would be 4 years.

It’s a common usage issue, using interval when frequency is meant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom