Diaphram vs Piston regs.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is this an average price for this setup? LDS quoted me 575 for the mk17/g250v this afternoon.

I'd say its in the ballpark. I've seen that reg set at higher, and lower, prices.

Shop around a bit and see if your LDS will match any lower price you find.

I know they have a little bit of leeway in pricing those regs, but exactly how much I haven't a clue.

Awesome regs though...

scubapro is bad at making people pay for the 1st and 2nd stage separately. From Scubapro I would go with the m17 and whatever model for your second stage. But you are better off with buying an Aqualung Titan and be done with for your cold/warm regulator from your authorized dealer. Good breathing, affordable, cheaper to fix, sealed.

I have two regulators in my wish list at LP. I'm still debating.
I want to be able to dive at the local quarry, where last time I reached 47 degrees F. (and I will never dive any colder), and in the warm waters of the Caribbeans.

Mares Abyss 22

Oceanic EOS FDX10 DVT

I understand that the Mares got good reviews, while the Oceanic is still somehow new.
What you think about those two choices? Please consider I'm still a newbie but I would hate to buy something twice.
Thanks for your inputs.

If you go Oceanic: Save money and buy the Oceanic Delta4 for your second stage. I dive it in warm/cold waters and it performs great in both. Especially as a newer diver you won't notice a difference.

If you go Oceanic: Save money and buy the Oceanic Delta4 for your second stage. I dive it in warm/cold waters and it performs great in both. Especially as a newer diver you won't notice a difference.
Thanks for your reply.
So the first stage should be still the same of the EOS? If so, where can I find this setup?

Question from a newbie: what's a good regulator to dive in both cold and warm water without having to buy two?

Atomic M1. $500 with free shipping from LP. Sealed first stage piston. 2 year service intervals saves ~$100/yr. TOP performace in deep/cold water.

I like SP but sure is hard to beat the feel and breathing of Atomic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom