Spearfishing Wetsuit vs Loading Pad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glownd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Was wondering if people had thoughts/experience on using a special spearfishing wetsuit vs using a seperate loading pad, like the Rob Allen Chest Loading Pad. Pros / Cons? Just as good as each other?

I do scuba and got into spearfishing recently. I'm currently using my scuba wetsuit, but it's pretty rough for me to load my spear without the extra padding.

Other than buying a dedicated freediving suit with a pad, you can pretty easily glue a neoprene pad on the suit yourself with some neoprene glue. I have head of people using computer mouse pads, for example. You could also buy our spearfishing shirt with a chest pad that you could wear under or over the wetsuit.

Alot of spearo's also use a very cheap foam foot sandal (aka flip-flop) and cut 1/3 off plus the straps and glue it to the inside of your wetsuit. Works very well.

Back
Top Bottom