Did you change your Smoke Detector Batteries this week?

Did you change your Smoke Detector Batteries this week?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Some excerpts from the National Fire Protection Assn...

> 96% of the households surveyed had at least one smoke alarm

> In one out of every five homes equipped with at least one smoke alarm installed, not a single one was working.

> 65% of reported home fire deaths in 2000-2004 resulted from fires in homes with no smoke alarms or no working smoke alarms.

> An estimated 890 lives could be saved each year if all homes had working smoke alarms.

Yeah, mine saved me once...! :crafty:

Oh yeay, mine saved me once...!!

No because I did it back in September when my batteries in CO detector got low and the damn thing started buzzing at 2 am. Why do batteries start to die when one is fast asleep? Of course I thought it was my smoke detector and found the ladder, climbed up and knocked it off the ceiling because who the hell can figure out how to take it off when one is half asleep. Damn thing kept buzzing even though the batteries were all over the floor. Hmm. It's the CO2 detector and I don't even need a ladder to reach that. ARRGHHH

:lol2: I had that happen once 20 years ago when I was living in an old farm house with lots of age related quirks and the occasional wildlife invasion. I kept wondering what that chirp was. A house guest finally told me. :silly:

Glad you got fresh batteries. When my water heater flamed out years later, that same or similar detector let me know much faster than I would have. I was home and awake, so a total loss was prevented, became a minor irritation.

1659829325268.png

OK, I have to know...

Did you go looking for 15 year old threads to dig up and then find a joke image to post, or did you come across that image, remember seeing this thread 15 years ago and just knew you had to add to it?

Jerking Dandy’s chain, just didn’t realize how long it was.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom