Difference betw Nexus 1 and 3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shadow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking at a used Whites Nexus 1 drysuit. What is the difference between a Nexus 1 and a Nexus 3?

The person selling the suit says it's three old, the neck seal was already replaced, and the wrist seals have become gummy and need replacing. I am surprised that seals would deteriorate that fast. My latex wrist seals on my tri-lam suit (Tusa Imprex) are 7 years old, and are fine, no gummi-ness at all. Any comments?

Last edited:
I would be surprised if it was a Nexus I - that goes back a long time...far longer than 3 years ago....he likely has the nexus II, which fits the 3 years ago time frame. The Nexus II is discontinued....

Nexus III

In the Nexus III we added 2 Matrix base plates for pockets, expanded the fit of the suit, added a zipper cover, and added stretch panels around the back of the waist. The difference in fit and movement is night and day.

As far as seals go - it all depends on how the user stores and maintains them - if you never apply seal saver, leave it in the sun light, or an area with fumes (car etc.) the seals will deteriorate quicker.

Hope that helps!

Tyler

Thanks for the quick reply.

I suspect the suit is probably older than 3 years, if seals have become gummy. That made me wonder about the age. Seals tearing and being punctured can happen anytime, but gumminess generally takes some time to develop.

The seller specified Nexus 1. How old would that make the suit?

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom