Difference in drying time between soft weights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dunk the top one back into water when dry. Problem solved!

My understanding is some soft-weight manufacturers seal the lead shot in plastic bags before putting the shot inside the nylon pouch. If yours are made like this and the bag inside of one is compromised that might account for one pouch being wet longer than the other.

-Z

My understanding is some soft-weight manufacturers seal the lead shot in plastic bags before putting the shot inside the nylon pouch. If yours are made like this and the bag inside of one is compromised that might account for one pouch being wet longer than the other.

-Z
I was thinking this at one point, but how would the trapped air between the balls not make it somewhat buoyant?

I was thinking this at one point, but how would the trapped air between the balls not make it somewhat buoyant?

Perhaps it does make it more buoyant...have you weighed a soft weight pouch in air and then again in water to measure if there is a difference?

Lets say it does make it somewhat buoyant....just because there is added buoyancy does not mean there is enough buoyant force to cause the object (pouch) to float.

-Z

Well @Zef, seems you nailed it. Both weight pouches now get sopping wet; I guess the other plastic bag has also been compromised. Thanks for solving the mystery! Now I can sleep at night. ;-)

Well @Zef, seems you nailed it. Both weight pouches now get sopping wet; I guess the other plastic bag has also been compromised. Thanks for solving the mystery! Now I can sleep at night. ;-)
Now they will both take longer to dry !

Victory !

:p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom