Different entry technique with multiple travel gas / stage / deco cylinders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Alex. When you use this technique do you attach the cylinders on the surface or during the descent?
a few variables here, but generally the “after long deco” gasses go on the leash, so pure O2 (in an ali80 180bar makes it almost neutral) and say a 50% nitrox (the touch of helium added for ICD makes it again nearly neutral) the beauty here is you can jump / flop or be handed them already on the leash at the surface so just clip them on to the hip D ring as your about to submerge, if your a stacker like me then you only have to swap the two under the arm as one will be non hypoxic (starting on top) and the deep one under it,
Even if diving with 3 I prefer leash to clipping the third straight to the hip D ring as when you reach back you can easily tell which clips are which, (UK diving in dry gloves) and I think foul clipping is less likely,
Honestly it’s really not as chaotic as it sounds, (some of my mates do this whilst driving a Suex with a camera the size of a basketball in front of them.)

Try the leash thing it works for me, once you’ve dived it a couple of times the cylinders of no real use until your shallow being out the way is far easier to manage, (already mentioned, Joachim’s Chanel on YouTube “inner space explorers” explains it best.

There isn't a single best routine. Listen to the boat captain for the safest option. If possible, I prefer to clip all bottles other than my primary bailout in water - it is easier that way. However, that approach is rare due to currents.

Why work so hard? :banghead:

Use a lift. :cheers:

:stirpot:

Attachments

• Lift.jpg
    Lift.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 46
I'm just going to say that floating on the surface, fiddling with tanks in a strong current and waves, with a dsv or even worse a full bov in your mouth sucks and is a excellent way of getting seasick.

Getting out maybe 😂😂 is that you btw? Just my normal weapon of choice is the mk15..
As you no doubt know, getting into a lift in rough seas is a real bitch though! Personal choice was to clip off my 'bling', get out, and then jump back in to retrieve those. Yes. And no offense meant, but NOT a lowly Mk15 but a magnificent 15.5! :poke::grouphug2: (Well, most of the time anyway.:mad: )

Attachments

• KD-field-servicing-15,5-CCR.jpg
    KD-field-servicing-15,5-CCR.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 40
  • KD's-Striped-down-Mk15,5.jpg
    KD's-Striped-down-Mk15,5.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 38
I'm just going to say that floating on the surface, fiddling with tanks in a strong current and waves, with a dsv or even worse a full bov in your mouth sucks and is a excellent way of getting seasick.
Seasick, or even worse!

Attachments

• Ooops1.jpg
    Ooops1.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Ooops2.jpg
    Ooops2.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Ooops3.jpg
    Ooops3.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 43
As you no doubt know, getting into a lift in rough seas is a real bitch though! Personal choice was to clip off my 'bling', get out, and then jump back in to retrieve those. Yes. And no offense meant, but NOT a lowly Mk15 but a magnificent 15.5! :poke::grouphug2: (Well, most of the time anyway.:mad: )
Same as me, a 15.5, 😉, will pm you.
Hmmmm unable to pm you. Lol

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom